Windows Live Mail Desktop

Email-related messages: Mail service provider announcements, general help, other
mailfreak

Windows Live Mail Desktop

Post by mailfreak »

Hi,

before i spoke about WLMD and said it was a good thing to run if you have a valid Windows XP pro or Home.
But this week i had some problems with it.
I ll tell you about it.

If you have this running in an other language than e.g. English than as from this week you can t use it or use it completely.
You @hotmail or @live email will not load and you are being told to update the software.

"QUOTE "

Er kan niet worden gecontroleerd op nieuwe berichten op de HTTP-server. Er is tijdens het synchroniseren van je e-mailaccount een fout opgetreden. Controleer of de account op de juiste wijze is geconfigureerd door je e-mail eerst op internet te openen. Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync ... /sync.aspx', Protocol: HTTPMail, Reactie van server: 'Client is requesting a deprecated version of the service. User should upgrade to the newest version of the client', Poort: 80, Beveiligd(SSL): Nee, Serverfout: 4109, Foutnummer: 0x8DE00002

"UNQUOTE "
You see i am Dutch .

That can t be done cos the software is in a non supported language so any update will only work and updat the software into that new and other language in my case will that be English witch i am not by native tonque.

I am very angry at those geesers of Microft cos you can ONLY run this sepperate software on a genuinne version not hacked etc one of XP WITH real time updates set as "ON ", witch i have but still it wont work.

Ok i accept this fact but people you have been warned i have pointed my earlyer words right i think.

SO ....... Thats is why eventually this will be the main thing to USE PP and nothing else if you want to be rid of these not so nice situations.

Here is the download of the newest version.

http://www.chatplace7.nl/downloads.php?cat_id=18

For those of you who want this and are in these languages.

WLMD is to my knowledge build in to Windows Vista cos for as far i know Vista does NOT contain Outlook Express anymore.

I have though since this week mailed to those geesers of Microsoft and told them that i am not aggreeing to this issue, actually i am very angry i don t like to be one of those in languages who are not in the majority equal moncks equal monckcaps. loosely translated from my native tonque.

SO .... you will guess it allright there are NO problems with useing POPPEER.

That's all fooks, goodbey.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

mailfreak -- just so you know, the "suggestions" forum is for suggesting new features for POP Peeper, not random suggestions :)

I think your point may be a little confusing in this post -- are you saying that you have a "genuine" copy of Windows, but because your version of Windows is not English, it doesn't allow you to update?

Do you think this is just a temporary glitch on their part or have you never been able to download programs that require "genuine" copies? I honestly don't remember if I had to validate my copy when I installed WLM recently, but I do remember it was required when I installed Windows Defender.

WLMD is to my knowledge build in to Windows Vista cos for as far i know Vista does NOT contain Outlook Express anymore.
OE is obsolete and Vista comes with "Windows Mail" which has been deprecated by "Windows LiveMail" and they dropped the "Desktop" when they renamed hotmail to "Live Hotmail." I think I have that right, but don't quote me on it...
Alf

Post by Alf »

As of yesterday I have the same problem with Windows Live Mail Desktop (on WinXP Pro SP2) as mailfreak:
'Client is requesting a deprecated version of the service. User should upgrade to the newest version of the client'
I only use WLMD to check Live mail when/if PP has troubles with LiveMail.
It seems that MS blocks the 'old' clients for whatever reason. I agree, not very nice. The new version is only available in English, German, Spanish, French, Japanese and Chinese. So Dutch users can.... (fill in for yourself).
Using MS update (with my genuine version of Windows) results in the explicit notification that there aren't any updates for WLMD.
But on the other hand, WLMD in Dutch is still titled as beta, so who are we to complain?
If you still want to use WLMD there is only one solution until the Dutch version is released, and that is to install the English version.
Dutch translator of POP Peeper
mailfreak

Please be not angry

Post by mailfreak »

Jeff please dont be angry.

But i will tell you this.
Windows/Micrsoft with their Hotmail and Live services are NOT my most favourite account's but i am haveing them cos i MUST other ***persons do have Hotmail or Live and they want not to have something witch is in most cases better.
So thats's why i go on about it.

From Hotmail and Live one get's very much spam so i have stopped this by applying filters on the servers from those other accounts.
So mails send from 2Hotmail or @live or @yahoo and @gmail are instantly blocked so i don t get those messegaes anymore from them but it helps me also to stop spam.

I have however Hotmail , Live and Yahoo and Gmail so i can receive those emails from those people still.
But i am not reading them and replying on them that soon etcm their loss 'they should not have those terrible accounts '.

But with PP i would like it to get better cos i like PP but it is for as far it is my point of view that "we" must attack Microsoft's monopoly on this and overpower them with better products.

COS !!!! NOW IT IS COMING TO AN POINT .

I have installed that latest version of WMLD the English version though, and ok it worked well it did just like previous if we were only to talk about the settings in the mail but.... The adresbook was corrupted/the mail could only be send to other Hotmail-Live users and in thise case not to other ones who are not in the adressbook.
OR were NO Messenger Contact's.
ALSO it overtook the everytime and reboot the defeult mailclient OE and furthermore and that was something witch made me VERY angry, it made that ALL the "mail to " or how do you call that in English send to WLMD so.. i could NOT send pictures and music etc files so to speak anymore WITHOUT WLMD it could not be fixed in no fashion.

So thats why i want to warn people so they know what can and will happen when they run a update it ruins to whole structure in (my) the PC but be aware i would greatfully admid my wrong is i am wrong or did not understand it correctly.

BUT this is my personal expierence.

Still i love PP, don t feel attacked.
mailfreak

By the way

Post by mailfreak »

It is my expierence also that when i have spam send to any of those adresses i ve talked about that when you are reporting them as being spam to let's say Hotmail anti_spam@microsoft.com those forwarded mails are being treated more and stopped then when you press some buttons.

Excuse me for makeing some spelling mistakes.

But i hate MS for this MLMD cos it is like MS it self it messes to much with my and i mean MY system i decide what i ll do and witch programme i ll to to this with.

It spy's too much in my point of view.

But i hold still ok?
Alf

Re: Please be not angry

Post by Alf »

mailfreak wrote:I have installed that latest version of WMLD the English version though, and ok it worked well it did just like previous if we were only to talk about the settings in the mail but.... The adresbook was corrupted/the mail could only be send to other Hotmail-Live users and in thise case not to other ones who are not in the adressbook.
OR were NO Messenger Contact's.
ALSO it overtook the everytime and reboot the defeult mailclient OE and furthermore and that was something witch made me VERY angry, it made that ALL the "mail to " or how do you call that in English send to WLMD so.. i could NOT send pictures and music etc files so to speak anymore WITHOUT WLMD it could not be fixed in no fashion.
So thats why i want to warn people so they know what can and will happen when they run a update it ruins to whole structure in (my) the PC but be aware i would greatfully admid my wrong is i am wrong or did not understand it correctly.
BUT this is my personal expierence.
Downloaded and installed the English version (12.0.1202.0516) of Windows Live Mail (they skipped the 'Desktop' part for a change...) this morning:
- installer checks license before continuing (hmm)
- installs in C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\ without asking (bad)
- installs desktop and quick start icons without asking (bad)
- automatically took over the existing accounts- and other settings of the old WLMD-beta configuration (good)
- uninstalled the existing WLMD-beta completely without asking (hmm)
- leaved Outlook Express untouched (ok)
- didn't changed default mail client; mine is still Thunderbird (ok)
- I can send and receive mail with or without attachments from and to everyone I want, no problems here (ok)

Jeff, if you are interested in this (latest) English version of Windows Live Mail, here is the download link:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... WLMail.exe
Don't 'worry', I'm still using PP to handle all my mail and I'm very satisfied with it.
mailfreak

Beta

Post by mailfreak »

I called the service desk in Amstardam they said that they WILL NOT support now and in the future this product it will alway's be in BETA and they will not service this and when you have a question about this A forget it B you will have to be put through and pay 100 Euro's for asking thois question but expect NO answer cos they will not promise to do so.

So why will they give this for "FREE" ?

A german friend has told me that it has run some spyware and routings programme's when he ran WLMD and it suddenly increased some data traffic with he did not have before and he said it was very unhealthy the ( winroute pro orso ) meter said.

And Norton does not act well and does not like WLMD, he said.

And like said it does take too much the upperhand on my pc .
Alf

Re: Beta

Post by Alf »

mailfreak wrote:I called the service desk in Amstardam they said that they WILL NOT support now and in the future this product it will alway's be in BETA and they will not service this and when you have a question about this A forget it B you will have to be put through and pay 100 Euro's for asking thois question but expect NO answer cos they will not promise to do so.
That is because WLM isn't available in Dutch/The Netherlands, so MS Netherlands doesn't support it. Standard behavior for MS.
So why will they give this for "FREE" ?
There are a lot of free programs available, that don't support anything. Maybe that's why they are 'free'...?
A german friend has told me that it has run some spyware and routings programme's when he ran WLMD and it suddenly increased some data traffic with he did not have before and he said it was very unhealthy the ( winroute pro orso ) meter said.
I didn't notice such behavior during installing and using WLM, only a license check during installation. And trust me, there is no program on my PC that isn't monitored for its behavior.
And Norton does not act well and does not like WLMD, he said.
LOL. Just give me the name of one program Norton does like... :wink:
And like said it does take too much the upperhand on my pc.
It is as you said: "on my pc"

In my opinion the moral of this discussion is, don't use a program you don't like of messes up you PC in your opinion. It's no use to bashing around %&*$#@-program, because that's only applicable for your environment.
mailfreak

That's why i have

Post by mailfreak »

If you had noticed, i ve allready un installed it.
And even when it is "free "( what's free in life? ) .
Will not say that it has to be rotten most certainly so when it has something to do with a "leader "witch i use loosely on the market.

And and i have by now tested it in cooporation witch 2 mates and they had the same to similar problems.

For as far i don t have to talk about this more than i ve done but people are can and may be warned.

AND i think it is stupid to not enroll a programme that is finished and for the whole worldpopulation and most certainly when it does stop to function in e.g. Dutch cos it is not in the language witch is the "main" language of that programme.
Then let it stop to function when the whole world can have the same application in a equal level.

And like said ... it will ALWAYS be in "BETA "phase.

Microsoft uses this also to see and test when a Windows XP or Vista is genuine and NOT a ripped one orso !!

I leaves the communiction open from PC to Microsoft so therefor it is somekind of "spyware "even when you one that this can and WILL happen when you use this.
CATH A THEIF WITH A THIEF.

Why do we "Dutch "have to deal with those ***messages and with a programme that's stops working only cos we are not in ( one of ) the native languages ( most comman used ).

When Microft want's and loves MY "Dutch" Euro's then i want to have it in the my much appreciated language my motherlanguage Nederlands.

I am wondering what the French would make of this.
I ll bet they are not pleased when they have to deal with things other than in the Frenche language.

So i hope by now you are starting to see my point otherwise leave it.

I feel attacked in my point of view, it is not my desire to badmouth WLMD but only to tell the truth like i see it.

And like said.

Even when free and gratuit does not have to mean that i have to deal with programmes in this case that hassle with other applications.

YOU and many more on this forum may well see and solve those occuring disfunctions and so and laugh about this.

But many people who do not know how to deal with these problems and perhaps put their trust in this have to deal with a system that has overtaken the " normal " structural behaviour upon till the renewall of WLMD and went wondering what and are haveing bad dreams and are in any case having to deal with somekind of anger and fringht of doing something that ruins( or ruined their pc ) or thinking they did have a virus orso.
And gave them less pleasure.

And i think a English saying goes like " if it aint broke don t fix it " !

People should have the freedom to "upgrade "or NOT to upgrade but i get very anoid when one or I am not being given the freedom to do or dont and when i don t want i don t get what i have got also as from before.

Don t give to take it away.

That my personal hatered for this and that's also why i thought it was good to tell people about.

Also so that other don t think they are unique with their problems so they don t have to doubt themselves orso or their supplier or whatever.

This would i think not happen in a Apple or Linux situation.

Allright?

I by now hope that i ve made my self clear.
That you are differant in your presentation and oppion than me is ok by me but i am thinking towards this like i ve hoped is is clear by now.

Let's swiftely move along.
Alf

Post by Alf »

mailfreak wrote:Let's swiftely move along.
Yes, please.
mailfreak

AND NOW YOU MAKE MY BLOOD BOIL.

Post by mailfreak »

you were to have shut your mouth at this moment i were not to get so angry as i am now.

It is you who is to stupid and was to hang on to this what i ve wrote etc.
And like other Dutch you can t think for your self and do not read between the lines etc.
So don t come with that frase you have last spoke.
Are you so childish to alway's wants to have the last word?
You lazy git!

And better still to have in that kind of matter?
So not only you have to talk like that but also have the dare to do it on such a low level.
Without any respect and so on.
Remember it is YOU who was continueing this discussion not me I only want to make things clear.
One does not have to agree with me to what i ve said but i think i may well make clear what i think and feel towards this.

And like said not everyone wants what you want and can realise etc what is going to happen.

For the rest i can repeat what i ve wrote before, but i won't.

And for one care about my privacy etc i am sure you were to sell you own flesh and blood if it had the right price.

And out of respect for Jeff and other people i am restraining myself to get not to angry but little boy be aware that i am getting sick of people like you.

Read between the lines, and know when and where to shut up and when a added word from is going to much to bear.

Grow up.
Alf

sigh

Post by Alf »

mailfreak wrote:you were to have shut your mouth at this moment
It is you who is to stupid
you can t think for your self
Are you so childish to always wants to have the last word?
You lazy git!
have the dare to do it on such a low level.
Without any respect and so on.
i am sure you were to sell you own flesh and blood if it had the right price.
but little boy be aware that i am getting sick of people like you.
know when and where to shut up
Grow up.
At least I'm not the one who's being rude and offending.
Remember it is YOU who was continuing this discussion not me I only want to make things clear.
As far as I remember it was you who started PM'ing me.
One does not have to agree with me to what i ve said but i think i may well make clear what i think and feel towards this.
Yes you did, but the fact that you have a problem with some program doesn't mean the whole world has to banish the program as well.
So don't come with that phrase you have last spoke. Are you so childish to always wants to have the last word?
If you think this is a competition for having the last word, so be it. The basic idea of a forum is to have a discussion. And as in real live it's logical that not everyone has the same opinion. If you want to reply, go ahead; I'm not replying to your posts anymore. And please stop sending me PM's. Thanks.
war1

Post by war1 »

Lets move on. I am closing this thread.
Warren
Moderator of POP Peeper Email Forum