Send Mail setting is Greyed out... help...

Email-related messages: Mail service provider announcements, general help, other
shaheen

Send Mail setting is Greyed out... help...

Post by shaheen »

I have portable PP on my flash drive, till yesterday, I was able to send, recieve, compose, forward and reply any messages through PP, but since this morning, the settings have been greyed out and clicking on reply/ forward/ compose bottons does not do any actions.

Also in the Accounts tab, Edit function, there's only a General tab and no SMTP buttons.. I do not know what has happened??? How do I go from here to set it all right? Pls help me...
shaheen

I myself found the answer...

Post by shaheen »

Well, after extensive 4 hour trial and error, I found out that the culprit was the poppeeper.ini file. Why? Because, I made a simple mistake. I do not have an email client. So when I downloaded this PP, I thought that this would be my email client now, and so in the settings, I filled in the PP.exe as my email client, which is a terrible mistake. It then changed all the ini data which was obvious by the size difference. and so I was not able to compose/ repy/ forward...

Thank god, it's now over. However, I had to download all my files again from the server.

Bye.=)
-Shaheen Shenoy,
NZ. :wink:
JRF

Post by JRF »

Hi shaheen , glad you found the mistake and have it all right now .

As a contribution to your smooth PP flash-drive operation :

1- clarifying your definition : the .ini file contains your PP settings , and your accounts definitions .

2- you may consider to backup (optionally in other media) your PP flash-drive environment :

you may backup it all , or just selected parts :
--the .ini and the addrbook , and/or
--the .emd files = your received msgs , and/or
--the folders Sent and/or Outbox (if they exist) .

3- just copy those elsewhere , or better you may zip it : I use 7-Zip with password , so I get the backup compressed and strong encrypted (AES-256) . You may have this automated via the command line , or even scheduled .
• (PP + IMAP + Send)=381 Web=3808 PPT=38 SSL=1005 Voice=3 Chime=3 Skin=36 PP-Add-on-Pack=3 • XPproSP3 • Fx=1301 Opera=1162 [IE=80] • Online-Armor=5501616 • CPU=1.2GHz • RAM=2.5GB •