Using Outlook for web based email provider

Email-related messages: Mail service provider announcements, general help, other
Cov(enant)

Using Outlook for web based email provider

Post by Cov(enant) »

Hello people

I am using my email provider mail2world for many years now.
Since I use outlook at work I got used to the user interface and wonder now if I could configure my outlook on my private PC (I never used it before) to receive emails from my private email provider mail2world.

I even have 3 email accounts with them and if I could receive emails from all three - that would be absolutely smashing.

Well, here is the bad news. My first attempts failed because outlook does not pass the "Test account settings".
I'm not surprised I don't get it right because this all is like Chinese to me.

Incoming mail server
Outgoing mail server
Pop3 pop4 pop5 IMAP bla bla bla ... I don't speak chinese - not a single word !

The explanations I found on the net via google doesn't help me as I find myself unable to verify the steps - it's just not transparent for me at all.

I like to know what I'm doing but with all the unknown abreviations (it would take a semester to learn the meaning of those), I have given up now and try if someone knowledgeable would be willing to help me please.

The only condition is, you would have to break down the technical stuff in really small pieces and explain properly because I'm frustrated by the hard core terminology used everywhere ... you know what I mean.

Have read about something like an add on which would enable mail2world for pop3 and stuff. Well, there where you lost me already.
Pop3 is a easy to remember name but why it exists is beyond me.
I don't even start writing about what's unclear to me because it would make this thread big as the bible.

I have to say sorry for being in such a bad mood and requesting help at the same time but I'm just frustrated by the illogical instructions I got so far.

By the way, my ISP is Virgin (cable) here in the UK.

If you can help a Noob like me, I'd be most greatful.

Thank you very much. :)
lwc

Post by lwc »

1) Outlook can only accept webmail messages from Microsoft webmail services.
2) You can bypass this limitation with a special program that works in the background and is used as a middleman between the non-Microsoft webmail services and Outlook.
3) To find such a program, you better find a dedicated general e-mail forum (or an Outlook forum if there is such a thing). Or just google up stuff like "outlook and webmail".
war1

Post by war1 »

Cov(enant),

Welcome to the POP Peeper forums. You can use Freepops act as gateway between Mail2World interface and Outlook.
http://www.freepops.org/en/
Warren
Moderator of POP Peeper Email Forum