Non-English free email

Email-related messages: Mail service provider announcements, general help, other
usf

Non-English free email

Post by usf »

Laposte < http://www.laposte.net > is French free email . its mail box is 100MB, besides webmail, it also provide smtp, imap and pop to access your mail via other client software.
I use it for 2 years, I satisfy its perform.

I do not understand French, but I use googles translation to help me to sign up ( tranlate French to English).
http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en
then
use Oulook Express to send and receive email.
so it is no lanuage problem when use it.
$-* ~-~ <_Usf_/-: ~-

@*_.,. <%)"#,={ ~-
war1

Post by war1 »

Thanks, usf, for the info on Laposte.
Warren
Moderator of POP Peeper Email Forum
usf

Post by usf »

Now, laposte.net increate the storage to 1 GB.

@*_.,. <%)"#,={ ~-
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I was about to add it to the MSP list, but when I tried to create an account it rejected the fake address I entered, and I didn't feel like re-entering everything... They want to send "confirmation" of something to a physical address, so is it required for signup?

Also, I couldn't find any info on pop3/smtp/imap.
usf

Post by usf »

Jeff wrote:I was about to add it to the MSP list, but when I tried to create an account it rejected the fake address I entered, and I didn't feel like re-entering everything... They want to send "confirmation" of something to a physical address, so is it required for signup?

Also, I couldn't find any info on pop3/smtp/imap.
When I signed up (a years ago), it did not need "to send confirmation of something to a physical address", I stay in Singapore, and do not receive any confirm letter.

smtp: smtp.laposte.net
pop: pop.laposte.net
imap: imap.lapote.net
login: userid@laposte.net

@*_.,. <%)"#,={ ~-
mailfreak

Ou la la

Post by mailfreak »

I have signed up for an account with www.ifrance.com
100 mb mailbox and a ftp my sql php website and blog.
pop = username.ifrance.com smtp = smtp.ifrance.com or use your own.
VERY VERY quick !!!

And i can suggest www.alterlinks.net pay attention smtp deserves athenfication no more msg than 30 a 15 mins.
Spamprtection.
Small mailbox BUT smtp can be used in a OE identity for otheremailadresses witch do no have their own smtp.
You have to press the sending of email once or twice, it has to learn.

OR !!!

www.uwnet.nl ( webmail ) and pop3 NO smtp if you are not connected with their system mailbox 5 mb 5 mb homepage ftp and works on www.horde.org with blacklist/whitelist system.
Once per 3 months you have to use that account for preservation.
DaComboMan

LaPoste config

Post by DaComboMan »

I've tried practically every config possible for LaPoste and it's not working.
In Thunderbird i have no problems (imap.laposte.net NOSSL)
kubernan

Laposte.net

Post by kubernan »

Hello guys,
I am a french user of laposte.net which is used by a large community here in france.
I am using PP to check if I have received some message on my webmail services. This is very handy since my company does not allow access to external pop or imap servers!
Unfortunately, PP is not supporting laposte.net webmail access for now. I would like to know is there is a chance to have such support sooner or later.
If necessary, I offer my help supporting french to english translations or collecting data from laposte.net . :wink:
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Sorry, but there is very little chance that laposte.net will be supported via webmail access. There's a lot of work involved just in the initial development, and then there's the continued maintenance of these types of services. Since it wouldn't affect very many people it just isn't practical to spend time on it that could otherwise be spent working on other more-widely used features or webmail sites.

But here's a suggestion: some webmail services allow you to pop other email accounts so you could access your laposte.net email from an account that does work in PP. I've never actually used this before so I don't know how it works exactly, but gmail for one has this capability.
kubernan

Post by kubernan »

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll giv'it a try.