YAHOO Help Me..Please.

Email-related messages: Mail service provider announcements, general help, other
mailfreak

YAHOO Help Me..Please.

Post by mailfreak »

Hi anyone.

I am makeing a lost for free pop with Yahoo accounts.
I do allready know for a fact that www.yahoo.de and www.yahoo.se have free pop access to their accounts and it has been said to me that www.yahoo.com.hk and www.yahoo.com.sg do also have free pop access but i have not tested them.

I am planning to have a list for yahoo accounts from country's with offer free pop for yahoo.

Can any of you help me to fullfill this list, ans i hope i did thbis question in a good enough part of the forum so i will not get dizzy ;)

Thanks for any assistance.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I'm fairly certain that .co.uk and .ca also have free pop3. In general, most of the non-.com yahoo accounts have free pop3, but I know that there's at least one out there that doesn't (perhaps .co.in?). If you can't find it somewhere on the web, the only other way is to create an account in each domain and check for yourself... If you do get yourself a compiled list, I'd be interested in it as well.

I'm going to move this to the "email" forum since it's not PP-related.
mailfreak

SUPPLEMENT.

Post by mailfreak »

I could not wait for any of the other forum members to reply so i had come to the same conclusion.
So i did it allready.

Indeed it "seems "to me that except for the.com all the Yahoo do offer free pop3.

Here is my list.
www.yahoo.de
www.yahoo.co.uk
www.yahoo.se
www.yahoo.es
www.yahoo.it
au.yahoo.com ( Australia in conjunction with Cahnnel Seven 7 )

And then i ve stopped making fake email adresses felt to much like a split peronallity.

BEAR IN MINS THIS privacy and those kind of things are subject to laws applicable to thelaws of the country's concerning so. de stand for Germany and therefor those laws are applicable.
GMail and Hotmail do have thesame ruling like therulesof the VS and what they think is applicable.
So when uou live in China there isNO privacy whatsoever.
That is NOT Yahoo's thing they only addapt to thoseapplicable laws.

Did you all know that with ANY AOL account you have also free IMAP and spam and virus protection?
Un limited inbox and also many photo oppertunity's.

You can also forward any email send to a www.indiatimes.com to another email adres with supprts pop orso.

Hopefully someone can use this info i could have done beforehand.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

You can also add yahoo.fr to the confirmed list and yahoo.ca to the questionable list.

I'm fairly certain .ca has worked with pop3 at one time, but I just tested it and I'm getting a failed login error. But according to Yahoo's help it should be available, so it could be a temporary glitch or *maybe* even operator error.
mailfreak

Only this

Post by mailfreak »

I ve forgotten to add the Frenche one myself indeed allthough i did make an account overthere.

However with YAHOO there is only one thing that is not an advantage.

This is, when you have allready a name@yahoo.whatever ( de.es etc ) then you can t make the same one with a differant extention so you are attached to the one you made 1st SO don t make a .com one ifyou hope to make it pop.

There is a way to delete you account and make the same in a differant .whatever later but you ll have to wait for 6 months.
But i am not sure how to delete/close that account i ve written to the feedback but still no answer 2 weeks of waiting.

But i do not understand why the US .com one theu don t let people use freepop asswell.
war1

Re: Only this

Post by war1 »

mailfreak wrote:I ve forgotten to add the Frenche one myself indeed allthough i did make an account overthere.

But i do not understand why the US .com one theu don t let people use freepop asswell.
Because Yahoo.com and Yahoo India have the most Yahoo users. Yahoo wants them to pay for POP3 access.
Warren
Moderator of POP Peeper Email Forum
mailfreak

How to...

Post by mailfreak »

I ve eventually found out HOW to delete an account so... also the .COM ones.

Here is how.

Go to.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/de/yahoo/mail/c ... nt-11.html#

Sadly only i found this in German.
Hahahahaha lol.

But the MAIN thing is this line.

Danach: Um den gesamten Account zu löschen, besuchen Sie die Seite zum Löschen des Accounts. Sie müssen für den zu löschenden Account nochmals Ihr Passwort eingeben. Bitte lesen Sie die Seite sorgfältig durch, da sie wichtige Informationen über Ihren Account enthält. Sie können dann die Löschung Ihres Accounts bestätigen.

Click on "ZUM LOSCHEN DESS ACCOUNTS " ( goto deleting the account loosly translated ) then in a new screen you must do what they ask and than wait for approx 6 months to make e new one with the same before the @sign and look for an country you like you can allways switch the language settings at later moment.
But i think the most of you prefer the .co.uk one cos it is in English.
But i like the Swedish and the German one the best cos they have better pricacy protection

Bear in mind that you NOT only delte your emailaccount but all the rest at the same moment.
The Geocities website e.g.

You can translate websites and text with toolslike foxlingo or www.altavista.com .

Small help.

http://email.about.com/od/yahoomailtip1/ss/wt031305.htm

http://email.about.com/od/yahoomailtips/qt/et031305.htm

And suddenly there is this ;)
Hahahaha.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/edit/c ... it-23.html

http://www.avirtualexit.com/2007/06/16/ ... o-account/

Hope this will help some users of the forum?