ANTI SPAMM

Email-related messages: Mail service provider announcements, general help, other
mailfreak

ANTI SPAMM

Post by mailfreak »

If you don t like spamm i can point you to some providers witch use the chellence response method.

The first one is my favourite.
www.icmail.net that works well and quickly and when you use you own email programme in either pop or imap you send when you send an email also a proggry ( handshake ) assweell with makes by default that all the email that is coming in is NOT being asked for the response/verrification cos you have allready done that for them made them into you friendslist.
The second is www.bluebottle.com this works also but the chellense response email with will be send when one send you an email can take a while before the actual email is verified.
The third one is www.inbox.com but that is in my p.o.v. utter shit it takes toolong and when email is gone to the spammbasket there will be send NO verification email so it does not work.
If you turn off or on in every kind of level the anti spam the result is the same.
It is annoying.
And when one lives in a area or country that is on some kind of spamm blacklist like in spammassasin orso you are the one who's at wrong end of the stick.

Alternatively i can suggest go to www.xtome.com it works the same but only on a local server in other words on you OWN harddisc and it only works with YOUR adressbook and not when you are NOT on line so when someone wants to have their email send to you when you are not on line the distance serber keeps that message on your OWN mailserverit tagges and then when you are on line then the mail is delivered and gets an out proggy and when the sender is not on line ypu know it allready it takes a long way to Tipperary.
And when you have emailbots like info@... orso when that is a non person email than you ll have to go now and then to the webmailand read it and put that emailaccoount from the sender again and again in adressbook.
war1

Post by war1 »

icmail.net is not very reliable. Some users and servers consider Challenge Response as spam.
Warren
Moderator of POP Peeper Email Forum
mailfreak

Granted.

Post by mailfreak »

Yes i am aware of that fact that some serversee that as spamm on itsself but better some "protection "than none ;)
The reliabillity is something i did somehow expierence myself when i use the imap function esspecially in OUTLOOK ( express) BUt in Thunderbird it went to be a lot better.
Strangely enough, confusing aint it?
I ve heard that Incredimail handels it also better than Outlook.
Yes it is not nice that those servers are not that reliable but i would like to think that it is a "free "service so i must not bother, allthough i don t agree with myself.
Even when free than it must not be rubbish.
It is in Inmail a good thing to make the settings on their servers work like you want.

Those setting for IMAP are strangely also better to use in Thunderbird like less problems with GMail they have also someproblems with a kind of Ox8000F92 ( when i remeber correctly ) and that there is noproblem in Thunderbird.

Only when you have more account in e.g. GMail than i like to have a differant identity in Outlook ( express ) and that washard to find out that that can be done in Thunderbird also but there it is called PROFILES.

http://arts.monash.edu.au/artsit/email/ ... erbird.php

and this one

http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile

and this

http://www.stlawu.edu/infotech/support_ ... etup.shtml

I like to useprofiles so i can look better for what i search and when i use account one that is for generalpurposes and two for the private/personal contacts.

I like to use this tool also

http://www.fookes.com/mailbag/

So many email will not be lost and can be opened without the emailclient in the .EML format.

You can also use it to open .DBX files where the emails are saved in.

Burn a disc with DBX files or the same kind of files in Thunderbird and than you have a good compression at the same time and it is portable.

Ok i kept not on track but i hope the info is appreciated.