loading mail.com

Email-related messages: Mail service provider announcements, general help, other
piratexk

loading mail.com

Post by piratexk »

recently had an issue with barginbuddy used adaware , spysweeper ,spybot,and spyware doctor to get rid of it with updated def. after that used reg mech 5.0 to clean registry then winsockfix to reset internet settings. also removed all temps , cookies, and history. reset all the browser settings to default. checked security settings and made them default. made sure mail.com wasnt on the block list also checked mcafee firewall and made sure it wasnt blocking the site. with that all said I connect to the internet fine no pop ups nothing on the computer from blocking mail.com , but it will not let me connect to mail.com at all. its the only site i can not go to every othersite is fine. any ideas or help?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Is this a general browser question or in regards to POP Peeper?
piratexk

Post by piratexk »

general browsing :(
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Try using a different browser and see if you have the problem with that browser too.

What happens when you go to mail.com? 404 error or what? And is it just going there, or when you try to login?
piratexk

Post by piratexk »

tried Mozilla still didn't work and yes a 404 error like u had no internet connection
usf

Post by usf »

piratexk wrote:tried Mozilla still didn't work and yes a 404 error like u had no internet connection
you may switch to "comand prompt" and ping your computer "ping 127.0.0.1" . confirm it works, then ping your router (if you use it ) , then ping your ISP .
If all ping can work. you should connect mail.com .
$-* ~-~ <_Usf_/-: ~-

@*_.,. <%)"#,={ ~-
war1

Post by war1 »

Also, ping www.mail.com and see if you get the website.
Warren
Moderator of POP Peeper Email Forum
piratexk

Post by piratexk »

pinging everything works fine. but mail.com i cant ping even on a computer that can connect to mail.com
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Looks like www.mail.com doesn't return ping responses. But you should at least get a name resolution/ip address from that, ie. www88.wr.outblaze.com [205.158.62.31].