Accessing GMX thru Entourage

Email-related messages: Mail service provider announcements, general help, other
orico

Accessing GMX thru Entourage

Post by orico »

Just recently, I've been having trouble sending emails through my Entourage account using GMX. I used to be able to send and receive with no problem. I still receive emails but cannot send them nor reply to the ones I've received. I always get the error message below. Can anyone advise???

Entourage cannot connect to the server. Verify that your computer is connected to the network.

Error: -3260
war1

Post by war1 »

orico,

Welcome to the POP Peeper forums. Are you using SSL security? Try alternate SMTP port 587

Have you try recreating the GMX account in Entourage?
Warren
Moderator of POP Peeper Email Forum
orico

Post by orico »

Thanks for the welcome, and for your kind assistance.

Actually, now that you mention it, I'm no longer using a secure internet connection. Could that be the issue? Why will it receive, but not send?

I did try the SMTP port you suggested but got another error message, this time about timing out.

I also tried recreating the GMX account in Entourage, but with no difference in the result.
war1

Post by war1 »

There could be a temporarily problem with GMX SMTP server. Try using SSL and port 465 to send. I just tested with this configuration and it worked from POP Peeper.
Warren
Moderator of POP Peeper Email Forum
orico

Post by orico »

It worked! :D You're my hero! Thank you so very much for your help! Have a wonderful day :)