Windows Mail

Email-related messages: Mail service provider announcements, general help, other
postone

Windows Mail

Post by postone »

I want to use POP Peeper for my exclusive e-mail client, to retrieve, send and to compose e-mail. I can't figure out how to keep "Windows Mail client" from popping up when I click on "Compose" in Peeper. I have been to "Options", "set options" and under "General" I realize if you leave the e-mail client field blank it will go to the default e-mail client, hence Windows Mail. But what do you put in that E-mail client field, I tried everything in the POP Peeper folder, nothing works. If anyone has the answer when replying, please be specific. Thanks.... Postone
JRF

Re: Windows Mail

Post by JRF »

postone , welcome to the POP Peeper Forums ! Please reply .

0- I assume you have all up to date in PP (Help>About-PP , Check Version) .
1- you should have noted clicking Send Mail (in the Menu Bar) : the Compose option is associated with an account (the last account used , if any) . If it is not , just click over any account name , and check that Compose option again .
2- now choose a PP account and edit it , click Send tab : you see the 1st box is Reply options , and may accept (depending on the account type) the values SMTP , WebMail , Email Client .
3- OK , end of the theory : so , if you say to PP you are going to Compose with an SMTP or WebMail account , you will have the PP Compose window being opened .
4- Obs. : inside the PP Compose window you may change to another account , with no loss to your composed text , or selected attachments (for SMTP only) presented .
5- Tip : verify also this topic Saving DRAFTS technique (using Drafts in PP) , or search in the PP FAQ , to find how to save and restore your composition process .
• (PP + IMAP + Send)=381 Web=3808 PPT=38 SSL=1005 Voice=3 Chime=3 Skin=36 PP-Add-on-Pack=3 • XPproSP3 • Fx=1301 Opera=1162 [IE=80] • Online-Armor=5501616 • CPU=1.2GHz • RAM=2.5GB •
postone

Re: Windows Mail

Post by postone »

Thanks JRF , it's working now! Thanks for being specific also... Poston