Proof of mail delivery

Email-related messages: Mail service provider announcements, general help, other
devega

Proof of mail delivery

Post by devega »

Hello everyone,

I was wondering what's the most reliable proof/service (if such thing exists) to know that your mails, at least, reach the servers of the recipient.
I know about the "delivery receipt" of Outlook, but I'm afraid a lot of servers don't bother in reading the headers, sending the receipt, etc... and there are many times that emails *get lost* somewhere in the cyberspace.

Regards,
devega
war1

Re: Proof of mail delivery

Post by war1 »

You can use a program like MSGTAG, which will confirm that your recipient has opened the email.
http://www.msgtag.com/Email_Confirmation_.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Warren
Moderator of POP Peeper Email Forum
devega

Post by devega »

thank you war1,

I was wondering if there's something more "legal"/official, similar to the traditional registered post but applied to electronic mails. I'm looking for a delivery/send receipt more than a read receipt.

maybe what I'm looking for is a nonsense due to the electronic/virtual nature of the environment :? ...
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I'm not a fan of such tools like the one war1 suggests (I can't even bring myself to type it). Fortunately, most email readers these days render such tools useless since they don't display images/webbugs by default. I Still need to make that the default option in PP, which has been planned for v4.

As far as I know, there is no official/standard method for delivery receipt. I think there would be some privacy issues involved and it could certainly be used to the advantage of spammers.
ronnycopeh

Post by ronnycopeh »

I use MSGTAG status2 and I get notified each time my mail is read and none is blocked. I find it to be a great program. I get notification of new mail thru poppeeper and then open my mail client.
Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1, Mozilla Firefox 17.0, Windows mail, IE8, 8GB Ram, 25mg DSL,750g HD, Avast 7 Free, Windows Firewall, Winpatrol Plus, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware on demand,
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Out of curiosity, does said program let the recipient know that their email-reading is being tracked?