Gmail Conversation View

Email-related messages: Mail service provider announcements, general help, other
war1

Gmail Conversation View

Post by war1 »

Gmail now offers the option to turn off conversation view. In Gmail webmail, go to Settings > General. Select the option Conversation view off.
Warren
Moderator of POP Peeper Email Forum
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Gmail Conversation View

Post by Jeff »

And the people rejoiced! =D>

I had read GMail was going to do this, but didn't realize it would happen so soon. GMail expected people to adopt and like the conversation view, but it never took and they finally gave up forcing it on us.

And speaking of Google, has anybody tried entering "google is evil" with instant search. If you're like me, you'd have to re-enable instant search to try it. And to be fair, instant search doesn't like anything that "is evil" but it's still amusing :D
Catman51

Post by Catman51 »

Thank you for posting this, always hated how they handled that conversation thing.
SteveM
war1

Post by war1 »

Steve, I like the conversation view, or at least I got use to it. I have it turned off for now to see how it works for me. Probably will turn it back on later.

For mobile user, only those users who can open full Gmail interface in a web browser has the option to turn off conversation view. Those using Android or other mobile apps still do not have this option.
Warren
Moderator of POP Peeper Email Forum
Catman51

Post by Catman51 »

I have Windows Mobile, and use Pocket Outlook, so it never showed Conversation view in that.
If I look online, that's pretty much the only time I ever got it, and just was never fond of how they did it.
SteveM