MyRealBox ending service on June 1, 2011! :(

Email-related messages: Mail service provider announcements, general help, other
j_c_hallgren

MyRealBox ending service on June 1, 2011! :(

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Got this today at my two accts:
Dear MyRealBox User:

We would like to sincerely thank everyone for their support of MyRealBox through the years. On June 1st, 2011, MyRealBox.com will be discontinued as a service to the public. After that date you will no longer be able to use your myrealbox.com email addresses. Please ensure that you notify your contacts of a new email address. To continue following the growth of NetMail we look forward to seeing you at http://community.netmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
I've used this service for years as my throw-away acct for sites/forums that I don't want to use a good acct for...not sure what service I'll use as substitute.

Question: How best should I handle this on PP so that my msgs will remain in PP after stoppage date for reference?
JRF

Re: MyRealBox ending service on June 1, 2011! :(

Post by JRF »

j_c_hallgren wrote:Question: How best should I handle this on PP so that my msgs will remain in PP after stoppage date for reference?
Thanks for asking . You should prepare PP previously (sooner the better) :

1- disable "Remove Msgs not on Server" inside your account (Advanced tab) ; msgs on situation will be marked with a red-X , and it is not an error .

2- change the retrieval method to "Entire Msg" , as default in (Options>Msg Retrieval) , or for that account only (edit the account > Advanced tab) .

3- for the old msgs (supposing you retrieve as Headers or Preview) make sure to have the entire msgs retrieved (if you have doubts just reply) .

4- after the service is discontinued , edit the account and UNmark the box Enabled (to suspend the auto-checkmail) .

5- perform periodic PP backups (see PP FAQ) .
-----------------------
Have also a look on the description of the new Archive feature available on PP 3.8 on [PP - What is New] webpage ; and in the PP Announcements Forum you may know more about PP 3.8 RC .
• (PP + IMAP + Send)=381 Web=3808 PPT=38 SSL=1005 Voice=3 Chime=3 Skin=36 PP-Add-on-Pack=3 • XPproSP3 • Fx=1301 Opera=1162 [IE=80] • Online-Armor=5501616 • CPU=1.2GHz • RAM=2.5GB •
einstein

Re: MyRealBox ending service on June 1, 2011! :(

Post by einstein »

Thanks for the solution JRF. I have the same problem. Let me try.
I'm 38, I'm male and I love to learn.