How to connect to AIM

Email-related messages: Mail service provider announcements, general help, other
zextak

How to connect to AIM

Post by zextak »

What should I do to connect to my AIM e-mail address? I managed to connect all my e-mails addresses, except this one. Who can help me?
Getulio :roll:
Getulio Medeiros
war1

Post by war1 »

AIM has free IMAP access, so you can use any email client to access your acount using IMAP protocol and server name imap.aim.com
Warren
Moderator of POP Peeper Email Forum
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

POP Peeper will support IMAP in the next version
http://www.poppeeper.com/whatscoming.php
zextak

IMAP

Post by zextak »

Thanks for your kindness (to both of you). By the way, what IMAP stands for?
Getulio Medeiros
zextak

Post by zextak »

I've tried to configure by myself, and have gotten the following message:
"Err (Cannot connect to POP server 64.12.138.215 (64.12.138.215:110), connect error 10060)"
Am I close to the goal?
Getulio Medeiros
war1

Post by war1 »

IMAP stands for Internet Message Access Protocol. The reason you cannot connect is because you did not change the protocol when you created the account. Recreate the AIM account again, when you get a choice between POP3 or IMAP, choose IMAP.
Warren
zextak

Post by zextak »

I tried to creat an AIM account with IMAP; but apparently this choice is not available at the moment you are creating the account. Is there a particular hint to choose IMAP instead of PO3?
Getulio Medeiros
war1

Post by war1 »

You cannot choose IMAP with POP Peeper. But if you are setting up an email client, the first or second page gives a choice of POP3 or IMAP.
Warren
zextak

Post by zextak »

Please forgive me my total ignorance about such a matter, but as I've understood there isn't anything that I can do with my POP Peeper. I shoud've chosen IMAP when I was first setting up my account with AIM. So nothing is left to do by now. :(
Getulio Medeiros
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

For clarification:
Your AIM account will not work with POP Peeper, because PP does not currently support IMAP. To use PP with your AIM accounts, you will have to wait for the next version (http://www.poppeeper.com/whatscoming.php)

war1 was indicating how to setup AIM to work in your email client, such as Outlook Express or Thunderbird. This particular forum is for general Email topics, not specifically POP Peeper, which is the reason for the confusion.
zextak

Post by zextak »

Now, it became very clear to me. Thanks for your kindness!!!
Getulio Medeiros