POP3 Access Available in Inbox.com

Email-related messages: Mail service provider announcements, general help, other
war1

POP3 Access Available in Inbox.com

Post by war1 »

POP3 and SMTP access are in beta (whatever that means) is available for Inbox.com. They work. You have to enable POP3 in Settings.

Inbox has 2 GB storage, good spam filtering, calendar, and other interesting features. You are suppose to be able to access the Sent and Spam folders via POP3.

In other email news, Spymac ended free POP3 and SMTP access.
Warren
Moderator of POP Peeper Email Forum
TonyClart

Post by TonyClart »

I recently registered for the Inbox.com service. I have enabled pop3 access but am unable to log into the server using my local client (Outlook Express).

Is it working okay for other people?
war1

Post by war1 »

TonyClart wrote:I recently registered for the Inbox.com service. I have enabled pop3 access but am unable to log into the server using my local client (Outlook Express).

Is it working okay for other people?
Inbox POP3 access is working for me. Make sure login name is the full email address. POP3 server is my.inbox.com
Warren
TonyClart

Post by TonyClart »

Thanks for the reply. The pop3 server name and username/password all seem to be correct. Here's the error message Outlook Express is giving me:

The server responded with an error. Account: 'my.inbox.com', Server: 'my.inbox.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Syntax error, command unrecognized', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

Any ideas please?
war1

Post by war1 »

If you just created the account, it takes from a few hours to a day for POP3 access to work.
Warren
TonyClart

Post by TonyClart »

Thanks dude. I created the account about 2 days ago now. I'll check tomorrow to see if it's working.
VenomLugz

Post by VenomLugz »

I have problem with outlook 2003 when I filled it out my.inbox.com on pop3 and Smtp, too. I test it and It's work but i can receive and I can't send message!!! I need help!
war1

Post by war1 »

VenomLugz wrote:I have problem with outlook 2003 when I filled it out my.inbox.com on pop3 and Smtp, too. I test it and It's work but i can receive and I can't send message!!! I need help!
So your sent problem is with Outlook and not Pop Peeper? What is the exact error message? Can you send with Pop Peeper? Make sure my outgoing server requires authentication is selected.
Warren
VenomLugz

Post by VenomLugz »

war1 wrote:
VenomLugz wrote:I have problem with outlook 2003 when I filled it out my.inbox.com on pop3 and Smtp, too. I test it and It's work but i can receive and I can't send message!!! I need help!
So your sent problem is with Outlook and not Pop Peeper? What is the exact error message? Can you send with Pop Peeper? Make sure my outgoing server requires authentication is selected.
well, I can receive message but i cannot send message.

It's said "the specified server was found, but there was no respnse from the server. please verift that the port and SSL information is correct. to access theres sttings close this ialog, then clikc more settings and click on the avanced tab."

"Find outgoing mail server (SMTP): Outlook could not connnect ot the outgoing mail server (smtp). Verify your port and ssl settings in more settings under the advanced tab."

Have you heard that before?
VenomLugz

Post by VenomLugz »

i haven't download pop peeper yet...
war1

Post by war1 »

Outgoing server is my.inbox.com
Port is 25
SSL uncheck
Outgoing server require authentication selected.
Warren
VenomLugz

Post by VenomLugz »

finally!!! it's work! I've been work this solve since last night till now! thank god! well, I found out that I suppose put on Smtp for my cox internet service and put my.inbox.com on pop3. I thought I put them both of them (my.inbox.com) but it didn't work! now it's work and I use pop peeper it's work for me now! :D

make sure check your company internet service:

http://www.bu.edu/pcsc/email/remote/smtplist.html
war1

Post by war1 »

VenomLugz wrote:finally!!! it's work! I've been work this solve since last night till now! thank god! well, I found out that I suppose put on Smtp for my cox internet service and put my.inbox.com on pop3. I thought I put them both of them (my.inbox.com) but it didn't work! now it's work and I use pop peeper it's work for me now! :D

make sure check your company internet service:

http://www.bu.edu/pcsc/email/remote/smtplist.html
Glad you got SMTP working. Some ISPs block port 25 for servers other than itself.
Warren
TonyClart

Post by TonyClart »

POP3 and SMTP are both working here as well 8)

Nice one lads!
pako

Post by pako »

Hello,

I'm bumping this thread as i'm having the same problem as Tony did. I've made correct inputs and i get the following message:

The server responded with an error. Account: 'my.inbox.com', Server: 'my.inbox.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Syntax error, command unrecognized', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

It's been 9 hours since i've enbled POP3 on inbox.com. Whas Tony's problem in the end the fact he didn't wait long enough for it to be enabled or the SMTP? I've tried toying with my SMTP by changing it to one of my service provider instead of my.inbox and nothing.

Thanks for any help.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Welcome to the forums, pako.

This faq should resolve your issue:
http://www.poppeeper.com/faq.php?q=inboxcom
pako

Post by pako »

Thank you Jeff :D