Pop Peeper Yahoo problem

Email-related messages: Mail service provider announcements, general help, other
crabboy

Pop Peeper Yahoo problem

Post by crabboy »

Starting a few days ago, my Pop Peeper (Version 4.4.1) does not display my Yahoo mail. The "new" column tells me that I have new Yahoo mail, but the mail does not show. I have the account set to "IMAP". I can retrieve my Yahoo mail at Yahoo's site but not on Pop Peeper. Is there a new setting I have to enter?
mjs

Re: Pop Peeper Yahoo problem

Post by mjs »

Make sure you are using OAuth2, edit the account and then click on the "OAuth2" button and follow the steps requested.

If the problem persists you could try updating your POP Peeper account to the current 4.4.2 version to see if this helps.

If still no help then as a last resort you could try the Yahoo Webmail protocol (even though IMAP is generally highly recommended). First you should make sure you have the current v4.4.6 version of the Webmail plugin in "Help" > "About POP Peeper...", if not then do the following to update immediately from the "Help" > "About POP Peeper..." Interface: 1) Make sure that both of the "Automatically check for updates" and "Auto-update Webmail plugin" options are enabled (checked). 2) Press the "Check version" button and wait for update to Webmail plugin. 3) The Webmail plugin should update to v4.4.6 in the "current" updates column for Webmail. Note: you may need to restart POP Peeper. Then once you have the current Webmail plugin then edit the problem account and in the "General" page of the Edit Account Interface change the "Server type" for this problem account to "Yahoo" and then in the "Send Mail" page change the "Sent option" setting to "SMTP". Now try a Mail Check on the account using this protocol to see if this helps. If this solves the problem it is because Yahoo has been having random issues with IMAP recently so for this reason it was necessary for now to switch to the Yahoo Webmail protocol.

Please report back with results.

Note: if at any time you are getting any PP account errors then please post this info as well. Refer to the following link on how to post this information to this topic: PP Error Messages: How to view them & copy/paste into your post.

IMPORTANT: Please note toward the bottom of the instructions provided in the above link that you be sure to please edit/obscure any personally-identifiable information that might otherwise be displayed, before submitting the information.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
crabboy

Post by crabboy »

I am using OAuth2. I updated to 4.4.2 and web mail plugin 4.4.6
Changing to the Yahoo webmail protocol did the trick. Still get nothing when I use IMAP. I had changed from Webmail to IMAP because I was having problems before. Most of my email is either Gmail or GMX. I only use Yahoo mail for miscelanneous email, so the webmail setting is sufficient. I wish Yahoo would get it's act together.
Thanks for the help. I'm a long-time user (and booster) of Pop Peeper.
mjs

Post by mjs »

crabboy wrote:.... Thanks for the help. I'm a long-time user (and booster) of Pop Peeper.
You are very welcome. For future reference, please post all inquires or issues related specifically to POP Peeper in the POP Peeper forum.

This Email forum you used is for the following as explained in the Welcome to the Email Forum post at the top of the board (click on the "Welcome..." link for full purpose of this forum):
war1 wrote:This forum is for new information about the Email world, general trouble shooting of your email accounts, and to hear your opinions on various email services....
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers