default email

Email-related messages: Mail service provider announcements, general help, other
hime3

default email

Post by hime3 »

I use PP for Cox and gmail accounts.
I do not have an "install" email program.
Some software require a "default email" pgm to send trouble shooting reports.
How can I create a "default email" in Ctl Panel Default programs when no email account appears to select?
thanks
hime
spc3rd

Re: default email

Post by spc3rd »

Hi Hime,

The question you are asking appears to be the same as in a previous topic post you made in June 2017 to which Jeff responded HERE.

Jeff and other members of The Esumsoft Team should be by later to further review your topic here and provide feedback.

Best regards,
Global Moderator
hime3

Post by hime3 »

Thank you Pete for link to post I could not find.
Can you suggest "non-invasive", free, email client for single-purpose reply described?
mjs

Post by mjs »

hime3 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:51 pm.... Can you suggest "non-invasive", free, email client for single-purpose reply described?
I would suggest looking into VFEmail (that will work with PP using IMAP or POP3) that prides themselves in providing "privacy". This Email Client offers a "free" service (however the free-queue [see next link for all available plans] will sometimes go down due to outgoing abuse)... with that in mind, you might consider the "Bronze" plan (one-step-up from the "free" plan) that has a one-time-cost of only $24.95 that will avoid the occasional outgoing queue issues, refer to pricing: Account grid and the "Bronze" life-time plan will also eliminate the FVEmail ads in the message footer (you could try the "free" plan for a time to see if it fits your needs and decide from there...). Link to VFEmail status: Status page (notice that as of the time of this post the free-queue had apparently gone down recently based on the "running since" date/time data at the top of the page)
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Or wait until PP v5 :D

Right now, I've marked this particular feature as "experimental," mostly meaning that I need more input/external testing before I would consider it for inclusion. I've tested it with Windows Explorer (ie. right-click on a file and select send to -> mail recipient) and I've tested it with LibreOffice Writer. This gives me confidence, but I'd like -- for example -- you to test it with whatever you're referring to. So, if you're interested in testing, let me know.

Just in case this doesn't go anywhere and someone, someday, reads this: the current implementation requires a specific DLL. When this DLL is present in the POP Peeper folder and you set PP to be the default email client, it will also add in the appropriate capability. If the DLL is not present, then it will still allow your email client (e.g. Thunderbird) to handle those duties, even if you set PP as the default email client.