about "OAuth2"

Email-related messages: Mail service provider announcements, general help, other
Lara

about "OAuth2"

Post by Lara »

I have "Windows Live Mail 2012" program on my computer so on this POP Peeper i have to use necessity "OAuth2 Authentication Request"..
And now does not accept Yahoo Mail's accounts on Windows Live Mail 2012.. I mean can you tell me the settings what i need to do or could you send
me a link, about this subject?
mjs

Re: about "OAuth2"

Post by mjs »

Hi Lara,
If I am understanding your question correctly - try checking out this post in the "Announcements" board of the forum: Yahoo/AOL login errors (Oauth2 is required) and let us know if this announcement topic addresses your concerns.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I think Lara is suggesting that the account does work in POP Peeper (because it supports Oauth2), but it does not work in Windows Live Mail 2012.

Based on the year of that client (2012), I'm guessing that it does not support Oauth2. If that's the case, you'll need to update your client or, alternatively, you should be able to use the "app password" method that's described in the link that lakrsrool provided above. Even if you use the app password method for WLM, you can still use Oauth2 in POP Peeper.
Lara

Post by Lara »

Thank you for the answer, no new version Windows Live Mail 2012 This is the latest version, only this:)
But I will examine the link you gave.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I've done some research and it looks like WLM doesn't support Oauth2 at all; and Windows Mail only supports Oauth2 in Win10.