Mail2world Access

Email-related messages: Mail service provider announcements, general help, other
Tungtung White

Post by Tungtung White »

I like Yahoo mail too. The spam filter in Yahoo works well. Besides Yahoo Canada & UK, Yahoo SG & HK also provide free POP3 access.
Recently, I found another free email which seems good - mail2world, http://www.mail2world.com. There are lots of domain names available for users to select - names, countries, etc. I have registered one same as my name. It's cool! And, they claimed that their mailbox storage are unlimited. The other features are similiar to Yahoo. But, they do not provide free POP3 access. So, is it possible for POP Peeper to include mail2world? :wink:
war1

Post by war1 »

Mail2world has been around awhile. They recently went to unlimited storage. To access with POP3, use Freepops. Download version 0.28 from here

http://www.freepops.org/en/

Since the latest version does not contain the mail2world plugin, download it from the Modules page and add it to the LUA subdirectory.

Then add the following line to the config.lua in the Freepops directory

freepops.MODULES_MAP["mail2XXX.net"] = {name="mail2world.lua"}

Now you can set up Mail2world in POP Peeper or email client just like an POP3 account. If you want to send, use your ISP SMTP server.

incoming server: localhost
login name: userid@mail2world.com
POP port: 2000

It is a little involved, but worth the trouble. If you get stuck, I can help or go to the Freepops English forum. I have a similar setup for AIM Mail, AOL's new 2GB webmail service.
Last edited by war1 on Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warren
Moderator of POP Peeper Email Forum
Tungtung White

Post by Tungtung White »

Thank you for your reply. I tried following your instructions but failed. The website of Freepops always showed errors. I downloaded & installed v.0.28. But for the plugin, I could find their description page of mail2world plugin but could not download the file from their 2 hyperlinks. How to get the file?
I don't know how to add line to config.lua I opened config.lua with Notepad. Is that correct? Where to add the line?
:?:
war1

Post by war1 »

The download the mail2world.lua is broken. Use this link

http://freepops.sourceforge.net/modules ... 2world.lua

Use the config.lua in the Freepops directory, not the duplicate in the LUA directory. You can place the configuration line anywhere in the plugin. Put it before

--lycos
Warren
Tungtung White

Post by Tungtung White »

Hi Warren,

Thank you for your reply. I added the line to Config.lua (before -- lycos) and downloaded mail2world.lua to LUA_UNOFFICIAL folder (I also tried LUA folder) but error prompted when checking mail - "Login Error (UNKNOWN ERROR, PLEASE FIX)". I don't know whether my account setting is correct or not.

Email address = login name = xxx@mail2xxx.com
Server Type = POP3 No SSL
Server = localhost Port = 2000

Thanks
Tungtung White
war1

Post by war1 »

Did you download the mail2world.lua and put it in the LUA folder? Settings look correct. The error means Freepops cannot fine the plugin. The mail2world.lua should go in the LUA folder, as Russells, the developer, did not put the necessary headers in the plugin to put it in LUA_Unofficial folder.

If you put the line in the config.lua in the main Freepops directory (and not in that of LUA subfolder), I am not sure why it is not working. Please ask in Freepops forum. Russells will asked you for a diagnostic log.
Warren
Tungtung White

Post by Tungtung White »

Hi Warren,

Thank you very much. I'll post the problem to FreePops forum.

Tungtung :D