very strange problem with Yahoo! Mail

Email-related messages: Mail service provider announcements, general help, other
xiaop94

very strange problem with Yahoo! Mail

Post by xiaop94 »

:( I have searched thru the web, searched thru the Yahoo Help files, but find no solution. However, I do find some companions :)

what happen is,
I setup my yahoo webmail to receive some POP3 messages. After those messages arrived in my mailbox, when I wanna view it, this is what happend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We didn't understand your request.
The request sent by your browser was missing some information. Please try again.

If the problem persists, we suggest that you close all browser windows, relaunch your browser, and log into Yahoo! Mail again. If you still have problems, please contact Yahoo! Mail Customer Care
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and of course when I clicked on the "Yahoo! Mail Customer Care" link it appeared that, the link is already dead.

and this also affect my retrieving message from poppeeper, as it keeps checking and login in to that account, and then return an error message [-31]

furthermore, when poppeeper can't retrieve those mails (I know it's the Yahoo! Mail problem) but on the icon pop up, it actually does show that I have N number of unread messages but not being shown in the poppeeper retrieved message view.

Please help. If anybody does experience such problem.

I have posted a message to Yahoo Help Centre, however, I do not think that the help will come from them.

Cheers,
p
war1

Post by war1 »

Apparently, those retrieved emails are not formed correctly. Yahoo did not pick up the messages correctly. Can Yahoo poll those POP3 accounts again?
Warren
Moderator of POP Peeper Email Forum
xiaop94

Today finally I can delete those mails

Post by xiaop94 »

Oh, Thanks for the advice. In fact, I have tried many time, I re-setup the POP3 account in my Yahoo Basic Mail, still won't work, and use my other account to retrieve these stubborn mails in my yahoo inbox, they're somehow retrieve as unknown, and this keep repeating...

today, finally, I received some genuine reply from yahoo support team, however, not helpful, as maybe I didn't state my problem correctly, they thot I was trying to use Yahoo POP Access (in Yahoo Mail Plus package). But!! when I went back to my inbox again, and try to delete them, woof!!! all gone!!! phew!!! finally, weird behaviour.

Cheers
p
shaheen

Its not wierd, its all bulk mail settings...

Post by shaheen »

I got a similar type of error, that kept on annoying me in PP. The problem is that Yahoo's Bulk mail settings are kept to delete the mail it considers as spam perfectly after 30 days of being there in Bulk.

However, when it reaches its 29-30-31 days, there seems to be a problem with PP to access that mail, even when its still sitting on the server, ready to be deleted. eg, if a spam message came into the Bulk folder on the 5th of December, then it may get deleted on 4th / 5th / 6th of January depending on the time zone you are in. Hence the so called "wierd-effect".

Hope this solves everybody else' problems.

Cheers,
Shaheen Shenoy,
NZ.
:wink:
JRF

Post by JRF »

From xiaop94 and shaheen reports , it may happen that on the 30th day Yahoo does not delete in fact the spam-msgs , but marks/modifies them , to remove on a late mass process ; this could cause the problems for PP accesses .

It may worth a more detailed analysis , if Jeff considers so .
• (PP + IMAP + Send)=381 Web=3808 PPT=38 SSL=1005 Voice=3 Chime=3 Skin=36 PP-Add-on-Pack=3 • XPproSP3 • Fx=1301 Opera=1162 [IE=80] • Online-Armor=5501616 • CPU=1.2GHz • RAM=2.5GB •