Missing or Overridden Emails

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
tigerwokie

Missing or Overridden Emails

Post by tigerwokie »

I received two different emails from the same sender, same subject line, but different content. I read the 1st email and minimized PP. And about a few minutes later the 2nd email arrived and show up as New/Unread. I noticed the 1st email is missing in PP and thought it may be a continuation of the first email. I open the 2nd email and saw that the content is different and not a tag on to the original email. I went into my gmail account and both emails are there. I did my own tests and in each case the earlier email does not show in PP. Please let me know if this is a PP or my problem, thanks.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Missing or Overridden Emails

Post by Jeff »

- Is POP Peeper hiding the message for some reason (disable Messages / Enable display filters as a way to show all messages)
- What method are you using to access the account (edit the account, refer to the server type -- GMail, imap or pop3)

Most likely explanation -- If you're using webmail (server type = "GMail") then this may happen if you have conversation mode on because of the way that the messages are grouped on the server. If you don't like that, you'll either have to disable conversation mode in the account, or change the server type to IMAP.
tigerwokie

Re: Missing or Overridden Emails

Post by tigerwokie »

I switched to IMAP and problem solved. Thanks.