Want to tag email to be shown and not deleted

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
techmanc

Want to tag email to be shown and not deleted

Post by techmanc »

Hi
I wanted to know if I can tag some email so can be access after I delete email on server as a backup email?
I do have Pop Peeper Pro now so if its a feature of that how would I use it.
For me a lot of times I wait to use Outlook as I dont want to lose an email I am still working on.
Thats the best I can explain what I am trying to do so posting now for feedback and will follow up with any questions. TIA!
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Want to tag email to be shown and not deleted

Post by Jeff »

Welcome to the Forums, techmanc.

Yes, what you want to do is "Archive" the message. There are a couple ways to do this, but if you use it even once in a while, the best way is probably to add it to the Toolbar (both the Main and View-Message toolbars support it); select View / Customize Toolbar on the menu.

Then, to view the archived messages, select (main menu) View / Mailbox -> Archive. A button for this can also be added to the Main toolbar.

If you prefer keyboard shortcuts, then you can assign them via Tools / PPtweaker / Shortcuts
techmanc

Post by techmanc »

Ok TY I will look into archiving the mail.
What am I missing here to get notified when theirs a new post?
Sure there must that function here but I missed it an TY for the the welcome.
I had been hooked into the forums before but apparently my log on info was gone but I am glad I can at least reuse my old acct info .
Love this program which is one of the oldest programs I have used in windows to help me get notified with all my different email accounts using providers.
I am new to the pro features but like having the new to me email junk mail support which looks interesting and checking that out further as well as some other feature I wanted.
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Hi techmanc and welcome back! :)

To address your questions...
I had been hooked into the forums before but apparently my log on info was gone but I am glad I can at least reuse my old acct info .
There was a brief problem with the Forums a while back which resulted in some posts, attachments, usernames/password log-in data being lost.
techmanc wrote: What am I missing here to get notified when theirs a new post?
Sure there must that function here but I missed it an TY for the the welcome.
[ANSWER]: To SUBSCRIBE to any topic which you have started/replied to, (or other topic(s) in any of the sub-forums) that you wish to be notified when replies have been made, just click on the "SUBSCRIBE TOPIC" link at the bottom of the topic page when you are logged-in and viewing the page.

Please note: the Board will only send you ONE notification of a reply to any topic you are subscribed to, until you log-in to the PP Forums again. (This requirement is also stated in any email notification of replies the Board sends).
(To discontinue receiving notifications, simply click on the "UNSUBSCRIBE TOPIC" link at the bottom of the topic page while logged-in and viewing it).

Best regards,
Global Moderator
techmanc

Post by techmanc »

Ok ty I found the subscribe button its so easy when you know how =D>