Auto minimize PP on last message

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
gordon

Auto minimize PP on last message

Post by gordon »

I notice that I do a particular sequence several times a day.
And I expect that others do also.

After deleting the last unread message, the "message reader window" automatically closes. :-)
Then I do the following:
- minimize the main PP window.
This happens about 20 or more times a day. :-(

I suggest that an option be added that will minimize the main PP window
when the last unread message is deleted (or go to next unread message fails).
gordon

I know that <ESC> will minimize the main PP window, but that is not the best solution.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Auto minimize PP on last message

Post by Jeff »

That's not a bad idea... I've added it to my notes.

btw, I don't like the strict "if last unread message is deleted" but if the delete action is to "go to next unread message" and it fails, then it certainly makes sense. So, end result: if PP is told to go to the next unread message and there are no more unread messages, then it would not only close the view-message window but would also minimize PP.
mjs

Post by mjs »

I would add that I'd hope that what your describing above would be optional user choices since as I see it the user may not be aware that there are no more unread messages and wonder what the heck happened to the PP interface as a result of minimizing the main interface as well. I can see possibly closing the "view-message" window under this scenario but not so much the main PP GUI.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Good point. And it would definitely be optional.

And not to get gordon's hopes up, this feature is not planned for v4.1 -- sorry!