Yahoo mail Log-in & Password using SSL

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
amitt

Yahoo mail Log-in & Password using SSL

Post by amitt »

Is there a way to have Pop Peeper remember my Yahoo mail log-in password so I don't have to manually enter it each time I want to view a new message?
I know that IMAP SSL connections require authentication which means entering a password.
There isn't any message I receive that would compromise any private data by having automatic log-in of user name or password.
spc3rd

Re: Yahoo mail Log-in & Password using SSL

Post by spc3rd »

Hi amitt,

It sounds like you are presently utilizing either the individual account password protection feature and/or Administrator password option.
If I'm understanding your inquiry correctly, we'll start as simply as possible and go from there. Please read through the information provided in PopPeeper's Help Files by doing the following:

Open PP > [HELP] > [CONTENTS], scroll down the topic list on the left side of the window that opens, and click on "Password Protection."
Information will be displayed on the right side of the window about two methods of protection you can use either separately or concurrently, depending upon your particular needs. Jeff also describes scenarios for when each protection method might be most useful.

After reviewing the info provided, please post back and let us know if it answers your inquiry. If you have something different in mind, please provide details.

Hope this helps and best regards,
Global Moderator
amitt

Post by amitt »

Thanks Pete,

I should have known that since the previous version was the same by unchecking password protection for the Yahoo account.

spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

You're quite welcome, amitt.

For what it's worth...I've made the same oversight in the past, myself!
On a little different note...I noticed you tried to include a screenshot image in your post, but it didn't show up. Just for future reference, there's a Stickie with step-by-step instructions on how to do so shown HERE. (And,...yes...it took me a little time to get the hang of that too)!

Cheers! :mrgreen:
Global Moderator