how to view archive with attachment

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
gordon

how to view archive with attachment

Post by gordon »

Hi,
I am trying to save an .eml of a message that has an attachment.
When I archive it and then open the .eml with thunderbird, I do not see the attachment :-(
But the .eml is 3.5MB, so I think the attachment is in there, I just cannot see it.
If so, how can I view it?

How can I save a copy of a message with attachments?

thanks
gordon

PP 4.0.1.0
mjs

Re: how to view archive with attachment

Post by mjs »

In the menu for the "View Message" window of PP have you tried: "File" > "Save all attachments" to see if this helps you out :?: (Note: you will need to retrieve the "entire message" in order to process the attachment, setting in "Options" > "Message retrieval" in the PP main interface menu for this)
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Try opening the same file in POP Peeper (main menu: File / Open saved message) and see if the attachment shows there. The .eml format is standard so if PP shows the message I couldn't tell you why TB doesn't, unless it's blocking it.

I've run into somewhat similar problems myself recently with TB -- TB was blocking images from several .eml files I was testing and I never could figure out how to unblock them, despite finding information from mozilla's own help pages. The images were on a remote server and not attachments, so it's not quite the same thing as you, but it does make me think that TB may treat email files differently than email it gets from a server.

However, I just saved an email from PP, with attachment, and it opened in TB, with attachment -- but perhaps the type of attachment may be a factor; e.g. TB may block .exe files.
gordon

Post by gordon »

Jeff and lakrsrool ,
OK, thanks got it :-)
gordon