Pop Peeper Back up file size

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
pop_pepper

Pop Peeper Back up file size

Post by pop_pepper »

obvioulsy I am have been having lots of issues with my program but today i thought i'm gonna bite the bullet and do a complete clean reinstall of my operating system and see if that cures some of my issues.

well the first thing i have noticed is the size of my back up file 288 MB - This is possibly whats causing my lag.

my question is this, I have about 50 email accounts. now obviousy i don't need to keep all the emails downloaded on my local machine as they would still be in my accounts......... soooo, is it the email amount causing the size or just the amount of email accounts??

thanks in advance
mjs

Re: Pop Peeper Back up file size

Post by mjs »

Good morning pop_pepper, My backup file size is 218MB and I have 30 accounts and do not have any issues of any kind. (I can't see how the size of your backup file or number of email accounts would be of any issue)

Can you please elaborate on what it is that you mean by "my lag" and what precisely do you mean by "lots of issues with my program" :?:

Are you meaning by "my lag" that there is "delay time" regarding your computer in general or are you referring to Pop Peeper specifically :?:

And if it's Pop Peeper you're referring to then can you describe in more detail what specifically is happening in regards to "lots of issues" with Pop Peeper :?:

Thanks for the information.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Pop Peeper Back up file size

Post by Jeff »

pop_pepper -- Please provide as much information as you can, for example:
- How often does it crash?
- What is POP Peeper doing when it crashes?
- Have you noticed any pattern that causes a crash?
- What version of POP Peeper are you using (under Help / About)?
- etc.

It's unlikely that the number of accounts is a factor unless you've increased the number of simultaneous threads too high for your computer. A "backup file" of 288MB is also ambiguous but also not something I would think would be a factor (I'm not sure how you created the backup file, but it may include sent or archived emails, which would have zero impact on the operation of POP Peeper).