Pop Peeper Pro 4.01 and Skin notifier plugin issue

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
olegausa

Pop Peeper Pro 4.01 and Skin notifier plugin issue

Post by olegausa »

I'm running 10 days old fresh install of Windows 7 Pro 64bit with latest updates. I use Pop Peeper Pro 4.0.1 and addon pack 4.0 . By default Skin Notifier can't be installed (requires separate download) so built-in notification was used with DEFAULT settings. But two days ago I downloaded and installed Skin Notifier 3.6 and chose it's built-in black Bubble theme with DEFAULT settings. But the problem is when new message(s) are detected BOTH notifications appear in the bottom right corner. Isn't built-in notifier should get disabled when Skin Notifier is enabled? I had no such issue on previous several years old installation on the same computer. Any suggestions? There is nothing about Skin Notifier in the FAQ and of course I did exit and started Pop Peeper again to check if it will fix the issue but no luck

Edit: In notifications options Visual section is already set from the day 1 to No special action when new email arrives

Thanks in advance
Oleg
Last edited by spc3rd on Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic moved to Notification Plugins, Skins sub-forum for better attention.
Mr. Hardware
spc3rd

Re: Pop Peeper Pro 4.01 and Skin notifier plugin issue

Post by spc3rd »

Hi Oleg,

Just a note that I've contacted Jeff and asked him to review your topic here, since the issue you're experiencing is a little beyond my expertise.

Best regards,
Global Moderator
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Presumably, you're referring to the Balloon tip, here's how to disable:
1) Main Menu: Tools / Options
2) Select the "Notification" page
3) Uncheck "Display tray icon balloon tip"
4) Press OK to save

I think it may be a good idea to disable the balloon tooltip (and possibly the desktop alert, as that has also been a similar issue) if the skin notifier is installed; but not in such a way that prevents the user from using both if they really want to...
olegausa

Post by olegausa »

Jeff wrote:Presumably, you're referring to the Balloon tip, here's how to disable:
1) Main Menu: Tools / Options
2) Select the "Notification" page
3) Uncheck "Display tray icon balloon tip"
4) Press OK to save

I think it may be a good idea to disable the balloon tooltip (and possibly the desktop alert, as that has also been a similar issue) if the skin notifier is installed; but not in such a way that prevents the user from using both if they really want to...
Thanks, that fixed the problem but have no idea who would need both
Mr. Hardware
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The balloon tooltip shows last message information. There are plenty of skins that don't show that information. It's possible that someone would want to use such a skin, but still be able to see the last message information in the balloon.

I don't try to force anything on the user -- if someone wants to do something, I'm not going to go out of my way to prevent that, and that's the main reason why I've never disabled a notification when something else is installed. However, I just finished adding the code and I think it should work well -- After the skin notifier is installed, it will disable desktop alert and the balloontip ONE time. After that, they can be re-enabled and PP won't change it.