Gmail: unknown error?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
valkyrie

Gmail: unknown error?

Post by valkyrie »

since this morning is out another type of error with Gmail that I copy
there 'some other problem being by chance?

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.0.1.0
Webmail: 4.0.17.0
SSL: 1.0.1.8
IMAP: 4.0.1.0
SendMail: 4.0.1.0
Notification Skin: 3.6.0.0
AntiJunk: 4.0.1.0
Spell Checker: 4.0.1.0
Web of Trust: 4.0.1.0

--- Error ---
Gmail [10: GMail] ['pop.gmail.com' (993) SSL: 1] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]
Errore Sconosciuto: Prova più tardi. (0)
(English translation: Unknown error. Please try again later)
Last edited by spc3rd on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Topic title modified for better attention & error message translated for other members' benefit.
valkyrie

Re: Gmail: unknown error?

Post by valkyrie »

I have a couple of messages in gmail.

Poppeeper if I open and I click the button at the top right verification email I download emails from gmail.
It does not appear any kind of error but I do not download emails.
Until yesterday it was all ok

any solution ?

Tank
valkyrie

Post by valkyrie »

It works again.

Mysteries !!
valkyrie

Re: Gmail error of 7/3 unresolved, or NEW issue has arisen?

Post by valkyrie »

It repeats the problem of the 03.07.2015.
I do not by any error but I do not download emails that are in gmail
Last edited by spc3rd on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:18 am, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: Title modified to reflect either a continuing issue in OP, or a NEW issue has arisen.
valkyrie

Re: Gmail error of 7/3 unresolved, or NEW issue's arisen?

Post by valkyrie »

I also tried to change the minutes to check email but when the time does not connect and does not check if there are emails in gmail and if I press the button manually checking email does not download anything

What can I try to do ?

tank
mjs

Re: Gmail error of 7/3 unresolved, or NEW issue has arisen?

Post by mjs »

valkyrie wrote:It repeats the problem of the 03.07.2015.
I do not by any error but I do not download emails that are in gmail
In reference to your comments above, then are you saying that you are not getting any errors in POP Peeper but Gmail is not getting any "new" email message(s) in the POP Peeper inbox?

If this is what you're saying then to expound on that; to clarify with a follow-up question, are you getting emails in your Gmail account if you login to Gmail on the Internet that are not displayed in the POP Peeper inbox? If so how many emails that are displayed in the Gmail inbox on-line are not displayed in the Gmail account(s) in POP Peeper? (I'm wondering if it's just one or two or in other words there are "very few" missing messages in the POP Peeper inbox that are displayed in the Gmail inbox when logged-in on the web).

If you're finding that it is only a very few emails not displayed in the POP Peeper inbox then try this: Go to (click on) "Messages" in the POP Peeper main menu, if any of the top 4 options are checked (probably the 1st and 4th are checked, that is "Enable display filters" & "Hide hidden message" are probably checked) then uncheck them and see if the message(s) that were not displaying do display now in the POP Peeper inbox. If they are displayed then these emails were filtered out as "Junk" and you can deal with them as you wish. (If this doesn't help you can check the options in "Messages" that were checked before changing them back to what they were)

Let us know if this helps at all.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I would recommend switching your GMail account(s) to use IMAP instead of WebMail. This will skip a lot of potential problems and you'll also gain more features by using IMAP. To switch, you'll need to do 2 things:
1) Edit the account and change the "server type" to IMAP
2) More than likely, you will need to enable the "allow less secure apps" setting in your GMail account:
https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps
Do not let GMail's wording scare you off; this just allows SSL/TLS access to your account, which is the same encryption method that all other email accounts use, and the same level of encryption used by your webbrowser.
valkyrie

Post by valkyrie »

Until last Friday with the current settings in poppeeper regularly received emails that I get posted in gmail.
If I connect directly to my gmail account I regularly receive emails. In fact, I find the boxed waiting poppeeper check for these emails as usual and that now it does not check for more '.
As I said even if I press the button manually poppeeper verification email will not start the verification and until Friday is this did not happen.
I confirm that by poppeeper I can not reported any kind of error with the classic yellow exclamation mark but does not check and download email located in gmail
Not only are some emails that I verification. Poppeeper not checks for all emails that are present in gmail.
There may be 3 or 4 in gmail.
Poppeeper not verify and I noted the presence of these 3 or 4 emails from Friday to yesterday and I have not changed any settings about imap or webmail
valkyrie

Post by valkyrie »

I made the recommended lakrsrool on the activation and deactivation of the filters messages but nothing changes.
Settings about "allow less secure apps" is already enabled
There despite poppeeper still does not check for email in gmail.
And in gmail are 2 emails that should not occur but it also does if I press the button verification email.
popeeper is updated to the latest version
valkyrie

Post by valkyrie »

I changed the server type. I put imap.
But when I click on the button verification email after a while that I attach to this error :

--- Version ---

--- Error ---
Gmail [1000: IMAP] ['imap.gmail.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.gmail.com' (465) SSL: 1]
Connessione Errata
valkyrie

Post by valkyrie »

Now with IMAP setting for this type of error that I enclose :

--- Version ---

--- Error ---
Gmail [1000: IMAP] ['imap.gmail.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.gmail.com' (465) SSL: 1]
Connessione SSL fallita (è stato caricato il Plugin SSL?)
mjs

Post by mjs »

Make sure you've set your Gmail Client to IMAP. Login to Gmail on the web on-line and click on the "Gear" icon up in the upper right corner of the Gmail page (see image below of upper right corner of Gmail interface) and click on "Settings" (circled) in the drop-down list of options (see image below).
Click on "Gear", select "Settings" continue with instructions
Click on "Gear", select "Settings" continue with instructions
Google email settings.png (8.18 KiB) Viewed 10622 times
Click on the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab (circled), then if you haven't done this "enable IMAP" (make sure your page looks like image below, if not done click "radio button", see arrow) and then Click "Save Changes" button (see image below, "Save" button not shown).
Click on tab as displayed, enable IMAP setting and "Save Changes".
Click on tab as displayed, enable IMAP setting and "Save Changes".
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

valkyrie -- it's possible that you're behind a firewall that blocks this kind of access (that is, encrypted IMAP/POP3 access). This is not uncommon in a corporate environment, but not likely if you're trying to access from home. Do you have any other POP3 or IMAP accounts that are using SSL or TLS, and are they working?

If IMAP is blocked for you, then you'll have to go back to the WebMail method (Server Type = "GMail") and we'll continue to troubleshoot that issue.
valkyrie

Post by valkyrie »

Ciao

in the settings of gmail imap access and is active.

If it was because of a firewall I want to clarify that until Friday poppeeper worked regularly without having made any type of change in the settings will gmail popeeper of it.

No I have no other accounts. I only gmail.

However I tried to set in server type " Gmail " and does not work the same

I wonder why until Friday everything worked regularly ?

I tried to disable windows firewall just to give it a try
with setting type server: gmail (as it was before) does not work .Poppeeper not download mail from in gmail
Anyway, first with windows firewell activated and type server gmail worked regularly (until Friday)

Tank
mjs

Post by mjs »

Hello valkyrie, now that your "Server Type" is back to the "Gmail" setting, are you once again getting the same error, "Unknown error. Please try again later" as you were getting that you had posted the very first time in this topic?

So then you've only got Gmail accounts, how many accounts do you have in POP Peeper?

Thank you for your patience regarding this issue, Jeff should be checking in later today and will get back to you on this.
valkyrie

Post by valkyrie »

Now the type of server is 'set to gmail.

If I click on the button verification mail you do not give me any kind of error but not download emails from gmail. In gmail are n. 2 email that does not empty and does not appear any yellow exclamation mark.

If you change and put kind of imap server as mentioned in my previous emails after clicking on the button occurs after 40 seconds and email connection is outside the yellow exclamation point with written wrong connection despite all activated in gmail for the connection type imap
mjs

Post by mjs »

valkyrie wrote:Now the type of server is 'set to gmail.

If I click on the button verification mail you do not give me any kind of error but not download emails from gmail. In gmail are n. 2 email that does not empty and does not appear any yellow exclamation mark.

If you change and put kind of imap server as mentioned in my previous emails after clicking on the button occurs after 40 seconds and email connection is outside the yellow exclamation point with written wrong connection despite all activated in gmail for the connection type imap
So then valkyrie --- as I understand it, you have two Gmail accounts in POP Peeper and they are now both set to "Gmail" for "Server type". And you are not getting any POP Peeper errors using this "Gmail" setting in POP Peeper but "new" emails do not display in the POP Peeper inbox.

What do you mean when you say you "click on verification mail"?

Try this just to clarify what is actually occurring,

1) Login on the internet (on-line) into one of your Gmail accounts and send an email to the other Gmail account.
2) Login to the other Gmail account that you sent the email to and see if the message you sent is in that Gmail account inbox.
3) Do you see the new message you had sent to this Gmail account? If not report back.

Now after doing the above and assuming the above message was in the Gmail account inbox,

4) If you do not see this message in that Gmail accounts inbox in POP Peeper do a "Check mail" (click on "Check mail" button in the upper left corner of POP Peeper) and then after the "mail check" is done at this point do you now see this "new" message in the POP Peeper inbox?

5) If you do not see the "new" message in the POP Peeper inbox then are you now getting an error in POP Peeper? (if you're getting an error the account in POP Peeper will be underlined and you'll have an "exclamation" in the lower right corner of POP Peeper).
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Ok, if I understand correctly, your account in POP Peeper:
- Is set to server type = "GMail"
- The actual inbox has 2 messages (ie. as displayed by your webbrowser at gmail.com)
- POP Peeper does not report an error
- POP Peeper does not display the 2 messages

Please do the following to see if POP Peeper has filtered the 2 messages:
- From POP Peeper's main menu, select Messages / Enable display filters (to disable it)
- You will get a prompt telling you the various reasons why a message may be filtered -- press "close"
- Do you now see the messages?
If so:
- Are they displayed in italics (this means the messages were hidden)
- Do they have a reddish background (this means they were evaluated as junk)

Assuming that the messages were evaluated as junk (red background):
- If they are not actually junk, select them and press the "Legit" button on the toolbar -- this will teach POP Peeper that these messages are not junk and these messages will now appear in your inbox
- When POP Peeper evaluates messages as Junk, it will filter them out. The "Junk View" button on the toolbar will appear yellow in this case to let you know that you can press that button to view the messages. There's a video that will show how this works on the POP Peeper Pro product page:
http://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-peeper/pro/

In either case, you should re-enable the display filters: Messages / Enable display filters
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

lakrsrool informed me that this had already been suggested above -- sorry about that. I would suggest double-checking it anyway, and if you still can't find those messages, send an email so that we can get a log from you.
valkyrie

Post by valkyrie »

Unfortunately, the advice that I have listed are tests that I've done.
The result is' always the same.
Poppeeper download mail from gmail. If I click on button top left "verify email" does not download emails and did not mention any kind of error.
In messages is present the check to: enables viewing filters and hide hidden messages
Type server : gmail

Now I tried to send an email by clicking on the button popeeper compose.
Immediately it gave this warning :
Account: gmail
Error: (-60)

Then I tried again and the email appears to have been sent, it has not arrived to the email address specified.
Instead first it worked regularly
I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling poppeeper. Pressing the button checks mail gave me the error message : ceck your login name and password even though I know the username and password are stored regularly in popeeper.
Perhaps the company will have launched some kind of renovation that impedes the proper functioning of popeeper
Now then we will verify from home if there are problems there too