email autodeleted

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
lioxir

email autodeleted

Post by lioxir »

Hello,

I used pop peeper with my Telecom account (POP) "Alice" but unfortunately reading using pop peeper the email is deleted soon after is not possible recover this email that has attached a .zip multi photo file #-o.
I haven't send the command "delete" I have only read this email.
I've tried to search directly in my Telecom account to recover this email from the bin but seems to be deleted forever is not possible recover this email.
This is not a problem for the photos but I want to let you know this bug. :!:
Please let me know if this is a know problem.

Thanks

Best Regards
lioxir
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: email autodeleted

Post by Jeff »

Welcome to the POP Peeper forums, lioxir.

This is not a bug -- POP Peeper does not auto-delete any messages. The problem is likely that your email server is deleting the message itself after the message is retrieved by POP Peeper; this is somewhat uncommon but not unheard of (GMail does this, too). Some servers (including GMail) will allow you to change that in your account settings. If the server does not provide that option, you have a couple of other choices:
- Use IMAP access instead. It's unlikely that the server would auto-delete when using IMAP; further, you get a lot more features from IMAP than POP3. However, not all servers support IMAP. Presumably, you're referring to alice.it and, while I can't speak a lick of Italian, there are references that it does support IMAP.

- If IMAP is not an option, you can still use POP3 but trick the server into not deleting the message by retrieving a preview instead of the entire message. See this faq for more information:
http://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-pe ... ngMessages