Password window

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
flechedargent

Password window

Post by flechedargent »

Hi,
Is it possible to make the password window behave like a real window ?
It may sound strange, let me explain :
I'm using POP Peeper on a laptop with Windows 8.1.
When I set a password for POP Peeper, a window open when I launch the program to ask for the password.

The problem is that the password window doesn't appear in the taskbar, so sometimes I have to reduce all the opened windows to the taskbar, to find the POP Peeper password window if another window covers it.

Thanks,
flechedargent
Last edited by flechedargent on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Password window

Post by Jeff »

Welcome to the POP Peeper forums, flechedargent.

I'm not able to duplicate this behavior of the password confirmation appearing below other windows, can you tell me:
1) What version of POP Peeper you have (look under the main menu: Help / About)
2) What you're doing to see the password confirmation window. ie. double-clicking on the tray icon; running POP Peeper from a desktop icon [is PP already running or are you launching it for the first time?], etc.

OR, are you saying that the password window does appear on top, but if you switch back to another window, the password window is just hard to find?

As a work-around until I can duplicate it and see what's causing the problem -- you can use Alt-Tab to find the POP Peeper password window, which might be easier than minimizing everything
flechedargent

Post by flechedargent »

Hi Jeff,
The password window does appear on top if I just launch the program, but since I'm doing a lot of things while launching POP Peeper, I often end up with others windows covering the password window.

So the problem is not that the password window doesn't appear on top, the problem is that I can't retrieve it in the taskbar. :( (Your tip with Alt-Tab works fine, thanks, but it would be easier to have the icon in the taskbar, because I often have a lot of windows opened :mrgreen: )
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Ok, gotcha. I've added your idea to my notes, but I'm leary that it won't work out because of potential side-effects of making that window appear in the taskbar.

Ideally, it would be better if POP Peeper would start nearly instantaneously, and that's something that I plan on addressing for the next major version. That may supercede your need to find the window?

btw, if you're not using v4.1 beta yet, there is a change that improves the loading time, but it's impact varies from user to user.
flechedargent

Post by flechedargent »

Okay, I understand.