import PP email addresses

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
hime3

import PP email addresses

Post by hime3 »

How can PP email addresses be exported/imported?
If not currently possible, would be helpful for PP setup on new PC
thanks
hime
mjs

Re: import PP email addresses

Post by mjs »

You can export the email addresses into a file using csv format and then go ahead and import them into PP's address book. Importing will probably work better in PPv4 due to improvements in the import function that handles address book structures better in some cases so that the entire name will be imported in cases where the exported address book might separate first and last names as opposed to PPv3 which may only import their first or last name.

In the PP main menu: Go to "Send Mail" > "Address book" > "File" > "Import" to import the csv file you exported from another address book. Refer to "Help" > "Address Book Help" in the PP Address Book Window for more details.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I may be wrong, but my first thought was that hime3 was asking about the email accounts, not the address book.

Email accounts (and most settings) are in the poppeeper.ini file, which can be copied to another computer. The addrbook.csx file can be copied, too, which is usually in the same folder note: the address book file will be named addrbook.inx as of v4.1). Go to Tools / Options / Storage to find where the ini file is located on your source computer.

See this FAQ for more information:
http://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-pe ... /?q=backup
hime3

Post by hime3 »

Correct Jeff.
I want to "import" numerous email accounts data to new computer to avoid setting up each account manually.
Will copy ini file on old computer to new computer to replace the existing ini file.
Thank you.
hime