Make inbox searchable

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
GaryS

Make inbox searchable

Post by GaryS »

I saw a couple of posts from about a year ago where you seemed to acknowledge that the ability to search the inbox would be a desirable feature. A year later and there is no search capability for the inbox. Is this on the ToDo list? If so when can we expect to see this feature?

The only reason for using Pop Peeper IMHO is to have easy access to multiple POP email accounts and that is how I use it. Although I do a lot of deletions I still have several hundred emails in my inbox which I have chosen to keep for one reason or another. What prompted this post is earlier I was looking for an email I would have received a few months ago. I wasn't sure what email account had been used so I began the process of trying to find it. After having no luck with Pop Peeper I ended up logging into each of my email accounts and searching them. I got lucky and found it in the fourth account I tried although the entire process took about 20 minutes. Bottom line an inbox search feature would sure be nice.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Make inbox searchable

Post by Jeff »

It is on the todo list, but I would say priority is... medium-ish. It's one of those features where some people would find it useful (myself included), but as far as something necessary for an "email notifier" -- well, there are other features with higher priority. I'm not sure if I mentioned this in the other topic you're referring to, but the Sent Mail Viewer's search capability does provide a viable method to do this, if a little less convenient and you have to have replied-to (or archived) the target message(s).
Buter

Post by Buter »

IMHO filtering by sender/subject/date would be sufficient in 90% of cases and it's not very hard to implement.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The back-end is never the hard part, it's the GUI. Isn't there a 10/90% rule that applies there...?
henry66

Post by henry66 »

>> Bottom line an inbox search feature would sure be nice

i am not a selfish person, and i am glad to see i am not alone, but i surely second and support that.

actually, it is the only really important feature that i find missing in PP. and since jeff had put an
''(myself included)'' in his answer, is there a chance?

greets - henry
jerhood914

Is there a way to Search emails with a keyword?

Post by jerhood914 »

Jeff when do you intend to add a search feature for the inbox?

John
Last edited by spc3rd on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Post merged with existing topic on same subject in Suggestions sub-forum.
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Hi jerhood914!

Thank you for your suggestion. :)
I've merged your post with an existing topic on the same subject you're inquiring about. Please have a look at Jeff's replies shown above, which should help answer your question. He will be along later today to review your post. If anything has changed with regard to the suggestions here, he will provide an update.

You can check back periodically or click on the [SUBSCRIBE TOPIC] button at the bottom of this page, to be automatically notified of any replies to your post.
*PLEASE NOTE: The Board will only send you one notification of a reply, until you log-in to the Forums again.

Best regards,
Global Moderator
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Once POP Peeper v4.1 is released, I'll be considering what the next major version will feature. I have a short-list of items that are necessary and others that will be considered (like this one) and will be getting more ideas about what people want to see after the release.