Problem to answer to a mail

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
sfleury

Problem to answer to a mail

Post by sfleury »

Hello
I have several accounts managed within POP Peeper
I cannot "answer" to a message : I can fill the answer form, but it seems tha answer is never sent and stays in the "Send box" forever
I tried different combinations for the parameters, but to no avail
I use different "providers" for servers POP3 : pop.pro.proxad.net SMTP : smtp.wanadoo.fr
Could this be a problem ?
Thanks for yor help
mjs

Re: Problem to answer to a mail

Post by mjs »

Welcome to the forum sfleury, I'm presuming the problem you're having is when you attempt to compose and send reply emails.

Please follow these steps to help provide us with more information.

1) What version of Pop Peeper are you using?

2) Check to make sure your plugins are up to date.

(For questions 1 & 2. Please click on "Help" > "About PopPeeper" in the Pop Peeper main interface. In your next post, please include the information displayed in that window. You can also simply include a screenshot of the page. Instructions for doing this can be found by clicking HERE

3) What are the error(s) you are getting (see step 4 below on how to do this)?

You can find the errors by either going to your "outbox" in the Pop Peeper main interface (click on the "outbox" tab) and look over where you see the "Status" column for the emails stuck in the "outbox". You should also see that the accounts are underlined in your "Accounts list" pane to the left of the main Pop Peeper interface and you will see an "exclamation" in a yellow box down toward the very lower right corner of the Pop Peeper main interface when you get errors (see image below or illustration of the "exclamation").

4) To provide the information requested in step 3, please post a reply in this topic with the specific Error Overview information that is occurring on Pop Peeper by clicking on the "yellow exclamation" (see 1st image example below) at the bottom right of the Pop Peeper main page and then click on "Copy" (see 2nd image example below), click "OK" then post a reply here in this topic and paste the Error Overview information (place cursor in reply then right-click and select "paste" from the context menu or alternatively you can press CTRL+V to paste the error information at the location of the cursor).
Click on Exclamation Error Overview Window to get Error Overview window
Click on Exclamation Error Overview Window to get Error Overview window
PP ERROR OVERVIEW BUTTON png.png (13.35 KiB) Viewed 2031 times
Click on Copy in Error Overview Window and paste this information to this topic according to instructions posted here
Click on Copy in Error Overview Window and paste this information to this topic according to instructions posted here
PP ERROR OVERVIEW COPY TO PASTE png.png (15.31 KiB) Viewed 2031 times
Thanks for the help.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
mjs

Re: Problem to answer to a mail

Post by mjs »

Haven't heard back from you yet sfleury, so I thought I'd mention that there is another thing you could check on as well. You might determine if your accounts require the "Server requires authentication" option to be enabled (checked), if so (which is usually the case regarding POP3, IMAP) then to check on this setting to see if you have it enabled, "Edit" the problem account and click on the "Send mail" tab. If you have additional questions about this or anything regarding the previous post then let us know.

In any case, if email is getting left in the Pop Peeper "outbox" as you say it is then you should be getting popup window errors from Pop Peeper when sending mail which in part provides you with the error and tells you to "Press OK to open the "outbox" (I've asked you about "errors" in the previous post). Once you determine the problem that is causing your outgoing mail to fail and you've addressed that problem then you can double/click on the mail in the Pop Peeper "outbox" and send it again which should then work.

Please keep us informed concerning your progress on this issue. :D
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers