gmail accounts issues

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
pop_pepper

gmail accounts issues

Post by pop_pepper »

i have 6 or 7 gmail accounts that poppeeper just wont check depite me updating and delting and then re-entering the account. the passowrd is corrent but i still cannot get pop peeper to check the account,please help

getting this message

Google prevented a sign-in from a less secure app
Last edited by spc3rd on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Two posts for new topic combined into one.
spc3rd

Re: gmail accounts issues

Post by spc3rd »

Greetings again pop_pepper,

Given the nature of the issue you're having, I've contacted Jeff and asked him to review your topic here.

While waiting for him to stop by, please post back with the following:

1. Which version of PP are you presently using?

2. Are you able to log-in to the problematic Gmail accounts via your browser without any issues?

Much obliged!
Global Moderator
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

hi there Pete,

i am using version 4.1.0, the latest as far as i am aware on windows 10

currently pop peeper is unable to check 7 accounts, although all other gmail accounts seem fine, i am trying to deciper what the difference is, LOL

also i had to yesterday reinstall MS office and now i can't send emails with pop peeper without it opening up MS office, I am trying to find out how to switch that off as as well.
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

ok found a work around for the ms office opening up. if i'm in the account i want to send the mail from and click compose in the top menu it goes to MS office, however if i right click the account name in the account on the left and press compose, all is ok, strange
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

however the mail sent is not working to tried on three accounts :roll:
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

ok basically i have it all working, I tried to replace the webmail plug in wih one that was available for download from your site, (hotmail issue) ran it and it changed nothing, so swapped back to the old one.. and by magic it seems all accounts that wasn't downloading have sparked into life. I have some problems but mainly they are down to me

1) i run 65 email accounts from pop pepper, mostly they are marketing accounts and RRS news. I use those for my work and have other people working for me, but i keep a check on all accounts using pop peeper, the mails are rarely opened unless there is a customer issue to deal with.

2) i use a lot of graphics programs and fonts and these have caused issues for me, however i sorted that by not installing them

3) i use the latest windows 10 which i know has issues right across the board at the mo as Microsoft are slowing rolling out fixes for the fledgling sotware.

4) I rarely sign into the accounts (web based) this is something i am going to change and archive mail in the inboxes of these email accounts, which will put less strain on Pop Peeper.

5) currently pop peeper has 5018 emails showing in pop peeper across all accounts. I am going to attempt to get that down to zero this week.
mjs

Post by mjs »

pop_pepper wrote:ok found a work around for the ms office opening up. if i'm in the account i want to send the mail from and click compose in the top menu it goes to MS office, however if i right click the account name in the account on the left and press compose, all is ok, strange
It would be very helpful if you would please post each step you take starting from the beginning to the point when you are "in the account" in regards to what you've described in red above?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
mjs

Post by mjs »

pop_pepper wrote:.... if i'm in the account i want to send the mail from and click compose in the top menu it goes to MS office, however if i right click the account name in the account on the left and press compose, all is ok, strange
You posted your last reply while I was composing my previous post....

So does what you've described above in red still happen? (or has this been solved by what you've described as swapping the webmail plugin back and forth?)

If what you've described above in red still happens then please reply to the post previous to this one.

Either way could you please go to "Tools" > "Plugins" and take a look at your plugin list and tell us if you have any duplication, more specifically more than one webmail plugin?

If it is the case that you have more than one plugin then this can cause Pop Peeper to be very unpredictable potentially resulting in "weird" behavior.

Thanks.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

solved the mail out, for some reason the mail send mail setting had been discarded on some accounts, I have absolutely no idea why but all is working fine right now. I do a lot with the program and i'm not brilliant with computers which some may find quite puzzling considering i do a lot on them. I'm a kinda use a program person but if you ask me to work out how they work on the inside i'm out of my depth. My basic knowledge of computers is how to reinstall software and mess about with it... when things go haywire i'm not that much good and even worse is i get frustrated very easily down to the fact the I am so busy with work, even on a bank holiday which is what it is today in England.

i have little time for things going wrong but i understand that i have possibly pushed this software to the max...lol

thanks for responding to me, it is all appreciated. =D> =D> =D>