Removing PP Pro upgrade without buying it?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
pop_pepper

Removing PP Pro upgrade without buying it?

Post by pop_pepper »

i want to remove it without buying it, how do i do that? in settings i expect but which line :D
Last edited by spc3rd on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Post re-titled & moved to its own new topic as inquiry is unrelated to original post to which it was appended here: http://www.esumsoft.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?p=31497#p31497.
spc3rd

Re: Removing PP Pro upgrade without buying it?

Post by spc3rd »

Hi pop_pepper,

The PP Pro v4 has a 30-day trial period. After that time, PP automatically reverts to the free version 4. The basic PP program will continue to function normally. Only the premium features, such as, Spell Check, WOT, Antijunk, etc will no longer work.

* One sidenote which Jeff has previously mentioned is that version 3 will no longer be supported with Webmail updates.

Best regards,
Global Moderator
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

no, if i wanted to remove the wording on the toolbar menu at the top, how would i do it? :mrgreen:
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

You need to purchase POP Peeper Pro. Also, since you've mentioned it a couple of times, a POP Peeper Pro license is required to use POP Peeper for commercial/business purposes. POP Peeper (free) is only licensed for personal use -- this has always been the case (long before 'Pro' was conceived) and is quite common for freeware. If your employees use POP Peeper, they would also need a separate license. The reason that this is common practice is because commercial use tends to require additional support services.
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

none of my employees use it and i use it for personal use, yes there are a couple of work related accounts attached to it but the majority are personal and RRS news accounts. The program is on my personal PC, belongs to me.
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

by the way i did pay for the Plus pack, calender, and i have donated years ago, so its not as if you haven't benefited from my use of the program in some way. I have also helped out with issues in the past that have arisen. just because i ask a question on something that possibly got you upset you shouldn't assume that i am breaking some sort of rules you have. all you had to say is we don't allow modifications to the software. maybe you best put that in your T&C's if it isn't already in there.
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

and also you might want to include a T&C's License agreement Rich Txt file in the program if it isn't their already. Most of the software i have helped out with in the past all have these. see i am helping you again ..lol :D

by the way i am just joking with you. I don't intend to break rules and never thought i was and if you want me to remove the three accounts i check on whilst people are on holiday that's fine, i would still be using the program and causing you headaches, LOL I call it helping ironing out issues though :D
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

This may not have been apparent, but my first sentence was a direct reply to your previous question:
"if i wanted to remove the wording on the toolbar menu at the top, how would i do it?"
reply: "You need to purchase POP Peeper Pro" (ie. that is the only way to remove the wording from the menu)

The remainder of my reply was based on previous comments you've made that suggest you are using POP Peeper for business purposes, such as:
http://www.esumsoft.com/Forums/viewtopi ... 387#p31530
"i run 65 email accounts from pop pepper, mostly they are marketing accounts and RRS news. I use those for my work..."

Most people do not realize that freeware licenses do not apply to everyone. My intent was only to state the facts, not accuse you of anything, so if I sounded harsh, I apologize.

As for allowing "modifications" -- I never even assumed that's what you were asking about, since you asked about a setting for it. However, modification is covered in the license, too, and is also very typical of anything but open-source software.

(at this point, while reviewing the licenses and making sure that they were available online and noticed that the PP FAQ had been corrupted, I received/read your 3rd reply, so I'm delayed trying to fix things up...)

Ok, I have added the licenses to the PP FAQ for everyone's enjoyment:
http://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-pe ... ?q=license
The licenses were previously avaliable, but I'm not sure if they were linked in the faq; the license is displayed during installation. And I'm just absolutely positive that everyone reads them.

Anyway, let's move on. As I was saying, the only way to remove the "upgrade to pro" menu is to actually "upgrade to pro."
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

actually my wording was wrong it should have said mostly for rss news accounts and some work, however that aside i would never intentionally use a software and use it for business unless it was approved to do so, in any case I asked one of my colleagues to use pop peeper while i was on Holiday, they had issues with it and couldnt get on with it, but thats another story. :D