Zoho login problem

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
laffin_boy

Zoho login problem

Post by laffin_boy »

Hi,

Just set up a new email at Zoho.com which works fine with my email client but with PopPeeper I get a "Login Error (OK)". I'm using the same config on PopPeeper as my email client. I've attached a screenshot of my PP config. I'm using PP 3.8.1 on XP SP3.
image edit.png
Image attachment modified for security reasons - lakrsrool
mjs

Re: Zoho login problem

Post by mjs »

Hi laffin_boy,

Click HERE for a very recent post by Jeff just a few days ago regarding problems with Zoho email using "PP 3.8.1".
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
laffin_boy

Post by laffin_boy »

lakrsrool wrote:Hi laffin_boy,

Click HERE for a very recent post by Jeff just a few days ago regarding problems with Zoho email using "PP 3.8.1".
Thanks for the info.

So I downloaded & installed 4.0.1 and got a SSL error. Downloaded the plugin and now PP 4.0.1 gives me the exact same failure and error message as 3.8.1. Here's the error report:

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.0.1.0
Webmail: 4.0.14.0
SSL: 1.0.1.8
IMAP: 4.0.1.0
SendMail: 4.0.1.0
AntiJunk: 4.0.1.0
Spell Checker: 4.0.1.0
Web of Trust: 4.0.1.0

--- Web Test ---
Result: 200
Error:
Time: 21:37:33 - 21:37:34 (1 s) (-0700)
Data: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 21:37:33 -0700

--- Error ---
xxxx@ Zoho [0: POP3] ['pop.zoho.com' (995) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.zoho.com' (465) SSL: 1]
Login Error (OK)

Posted email address redacted for security reasons - lakrsrool
mjs

Post by mjs »

Make sure you can login to your account on the web using your browser to see if there is anything "blocking" your account that you might need to address.

Make sure you have tried the following settings.

1) Have you enabled IMAP in your Email Client (on the web)?

2) Have you tried these settings below in both your Email Client and PP?

Incoming Server Settings:
Incoming Server Name: imap.zoho.com
Port: 993
Require SSL: Yes

Outgoing Server Settings:
Outgoing Server Name: smtp.zoho.com
Port: 465 with SSL or
Port: 587 with TLS

The above info is linked here including Zoho Mail IMAP Server Details and other info as well i.e. Enable IMAP Access in your Email Client etc etc.

3) Also take a look at this web page to see if this might apply: LINK

4) If the above is of no help, what are your PP "ini location" and "data path" values in the "Tools" > "Options" > "Storage" tab?

Post back and let us know if any of this helps out and/or with the information requested in step 4.

Oh, and just in case you might have other accounts that do not use IMAP or POP3, I just thought I'd mention that your webmail plugin is not current, you should have version 4.0.18.0 (this would of course not apply to your issue in this specific case however)
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

There shouldn't be any problem with using POP3, but you may want to try using IMAP as lakrsrool suggested. I tried testing various scenarios (POP3 disabled, invalid login name, wrong password) and I could not duplicate the error you got, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

If you still have the problem and cannot use IMAP, send an email so I can get additional details from you.
laffin_boy

Post by laffin_boy »

Thank you both for your help.

If I reconfig PP (both 3.81 & 4.0.1) to IMAP it logs in fine. Reset it to POP3 and it can't login.

2 factor auth doesn't apply.

My paths are "F:\Net\PPPro\poppeeper.ini" and F:\Net\PPPro\data

BTW before I started 4.0.1 for the 1st time I copied over my poppeeper.ini from the 3.8.1 folder to the 4.0.1 folder in hopes that it would save having to rebuild all 4 accounts from scratch and it appears to have worked - unless the old ini is causing the problem in another way...

I need to have my email client set up as POP and as long as running PP in IMAP mode doesn't change how my EM client interacts with Zoho then I can use PP in IMAP I suppose... (I never send from PP and I rarely read mail in PP)
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

IMAP is, by far, the superior protocol over POP3. There may be special cases to use POP3 (particularly for permanent storage), but as far as email notification, IMAP is the way to go. And you may want to consider enabling IDLE in the account(s); this allows POP Peeper to remain connected to the server and you will get notified instantly of new email.

That being said, if you want to figure out what the problem is with POP3, send an email and we can troubleshoot the problem. I would be interested in knowing the problem myself, as this particular issue should have been something that was fixed in v4.