Unknown log in error ?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
arcadian

Unknown log in error ?

Post by arcadian »

Hi having problems with the log in error notice below. I can access my GMail account directly ok but keep getting this error notice from PP....?

Thanks for any help :)

Login Error ([ALERT] Please log in via your web browser: https://support.google.com/mail/accounts/answer/78754" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Failure)
mjs

Re: Unknown log in error ?

Post by mjs »

When logged into Google, take a look at what Google is telling you in that link that Google provides you in the error message. There are references to "2-Step Verification" for your account where you might need to enter an App password but I would say that it is MOST LIKELY, you will need to enable the "allow less secure apps" setting in your GMail account (described further down on that page).

Take a look here: Allowing less secure apps to access your account which is linked in that Google message. Clicking on the Allow less secure apps link is where you can TURN ON the "Access for less secure apps". Try selecting "Turn on" if you haven't got "Access for less secure apps" turned on and see if this helps you out.

Click HERE Regardng Gmail: unknown error? topic where Jeff posted a comment on this.

Please post back your progress.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
arcadian

Post by arcadian »

Yep working fine now thanks a lot....! :D
mjs

Post by mjs »

You're very welcome, glad to hear you're working again. :D
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers