Beta download takes me to non-beta page

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
yurikus

Beta download takes me to non-beta page

Post by yurikus »

Hi,

Is it just me or something is broken (this has been happening for several beta versions now)? Just got a notification for 4.1 B4, clicked "download", it took me to the regular beta download page, where .zip file contains .exe from 12/11/14, v4.0.1.0.

Yuriy
yurikus

Re: Beta download takes me to non-beta page

Post by yurikus »

Figured out that if I click the download link from the notification in the about box, that worked
mjs

Post by mjs »

Hi yurikus,

This is something that Jeff will have to look into later today.

All I can tell you is that I was able to install the Beta4 version without any problem by clicking on the "Check Version" button in the "About Pop Peeper" window (Help > About Pop Peeper) which took me to where there was a link for the Beta4 download.

I can't address your issue directly as I didn't click on the actual Popup update notice for the Beta4 version as apparently you have.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
mjs

Post by mjs »

yurikus wrote:Figured out that if I click the download link from the notification in the about box, that worked
Ah, I see you have now done the same thing I did. :D (while I was posting the above)

We'll see what Jeff has to say about possible issues with the update Popup notification.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers