Tray icon, status bar message & CheckMail button not in sync

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
kunalashar

Tray icon, status bar message & CheckMail button not in sync

Post by kunalashar »

Windows 10, latest update.
Latest POP Peeper (4.0.1.0) and latest webmail (4.0.19.0).

When I click the "Check Mail" button, the notification tray icon, Check Mail button and POP Peeper status bar message are not in sync.

When POP Peeper has [apparently] finished checking all configured email accounts:
[*] The "Check Mail" button still shows "STOP",
[*] The notification try icon still shows the animated eyes,
[*] The POP Peeper status bar message shows "XX minutes remaining until the next mail check".

Obviously something is wrong.

I have to "stop" the [false] sync, because otherwise, in this mode, it doesn't let me sync an individual account. That is, while the fallacious sync in in progress, if I right click an account and try to sync it, nothing happens.
Attachments
Screenshot of POP Peeper
Screenshot of POP Peeper
mjs

Re: Tray icon, status bar message & CheckMail button not in

Post by mjs »

Until Jeff can look into this you could consider trying a few steps that might possibly be of help in the event the cause of your problem is a random anomaly with a message in one of your email accounts.

1) Does this same problem occur on every "Check Mail"?

2) If the answer is "YES" to question #1 then you could try monitoring the Status Bar during a "Check Mail" and make a note of the last account that was getting scanned immediately prior to when the status bar changed to the message "35 minute(s) remaining until next mail check". (I'm assuming that is about what your check mail "Polling Interval" is set at, something around 35-40 minutes perhaps)

3) Now DISABLE that account that was the last account scanned that you noted above (right/click on the account select "Edit" from the context menu, then in the "General" tab window UNCHECK (disable) the "Enabled" check box (lower left corner) and click on "Update".

4) Now while that account is disabled, do another "Check Mail" by clicking on the "Mail Check" button and see if the problem you're having has been resolved. If the problem persists after trying this then don't bother to continue any further to step #5, but instead wait for Jeff to look into this issue.

5) If the problem is resolved after disabling that account and doing a "Check Mail" from the Pop Peeper main interface Tool Bar then you may want to check out all of the message(s) in the inbox since the issue has been occurring for that account that you had disabled. Possibly moving suspicious message(s) to another folder to save to test further later on with Jeff possibly in order to determine the problem with that specific message.

6) If you want you could ENABLE the account again and continue to remove any new message(s) that have arrived in this specific account since the issue started and continue to do a "Check Mail" from the Pop Peeper Tool Bar each time until either all message(s) that have arrived since the issue started have been moved out of the inbox for this specific account or whenever the issue stops occurring. Again be sure to save the message(s) in another folder so that Jeff can look into any specific problem message(s) again later on if they exist.

If you decide to try this then please post back your results, thanks.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Tray icon, status bar message & CheckMail button not in

Post by Jeff »

Have you tried exiting/restarting POP Peeper and, if that didn't work, rebooting Windows?