Problem with opening a message link

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
majekho

Problem with opening a message link

Post by majekho »

I can not open (double clicks) a link in a message. Please help. Thanks
spc3rd

Re: Problem with opening a message link

Post by spc3rd »

Hello majekho,

Sorry you are experiencing the issue mentioned. A bit more info is needed.

Kindly post back with the following:

1. Which version of PopPeeper are you using?

2. What email accounts are you having this issue with? (e.g. Gmail, Hotmail/Outlook, Yahoo, etc)

3. Please describe exactly what occurs when you click on a link within an email?

4. From the PP main interface, click on [TOOLS] > [PPTweaker] > Misc2 tab.

You should now see what is shown within the red box in the screenshot I've included below.
PP > TOOLS > PPTWEAKER > Misc2
PP > TOOLS > PPTWEAKER > Misc2
4a. Is the box check-marked where it says, "Force PP to open links in your external browser..." ?

4b. Do you have anything shown in the box beside, "Browser to launch URL's"? if so, please specify. Alternatively, you can just include a screenshot of what is shown on your end if you prefer. Instructions for doing so can be seen HERE.

** There is also another similar forum topic which may be of interest, that can be viewed HERE.

Thank you & best regards,
Global Moderator
majekho

Post by majekho »

Hi spc3rd,

1. 4.1.0.3001 version
2. Gmail and hotmail/outlook
3. Double clicks on URL in PP email
4. My PPTweaker screenshot attached
Attachments
pp.jpg
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Thanks for posting back with the info, majekho!

One additional question for you.

If you log-in to an email account on-line containing a message with a link you were not able to open in PP, are you able to click on and open the link in the account on-line?

Best regards,
Global Moderator
majekho

Post by majekho »

I am able to click URL in gmail/hotmail/outlook on line account but I am not able to click URL in PP an email. I didn't have this problem before.
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Thanks for verifying that, majekho.

Thus far, I've been unable to duplicate the issue you're having with my own Gmail & Hotmail/Outlook accounts, which makes me think there's something else occurring that I'm just not seeing at present.
I will contact Jeff and ask him to review your topic, as he may need additional information from you.

Best regards,
Global Moderator
majekho

Post by majekho »

Hi,
I check with O/S Windows XP is without this problem and XP is in PP 4.0.1.0 version. Now, I changed O/S Windows 7 in PP 4.0.1.0 version, it still has this problem.
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

I've contacted Jeff to review your post. I would recommend avoiding making any changes in your current set-up or switching between PP versions, until Jeff has looked into the problem you're having.

Thanks and best regards,
Global Moderator
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

More than likely, your default webbrowser has not configured itself correctly to be the Windows default browser.

First, try simply finding the option in your webbrowser and see if it will let you reset it as the default browser. If so, do so and then test a link in PP again.

There's a good chance that that won't work. Another thing to try is, if you have another webbrowser installed (e.g. if you're using Firefox, you can do this with IE): set the other webbrowser as the default, and then go back to your preferred webbrowser and set that as the default.

This is not actually an uncommon problem, and there are 3rd party utilities that can fix this problem.

Finally, in the PPtweaker option that Pete mentioned above, you can specify the browser that PP uses. This is really a last resort, but it should work.
majekho

Post by majekho »

Jeff,

It works on URL in PP email when I reset currently webbrower as the default browser.

Thank you very much

majekho