Error -60 trying to send email on Yahoo

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
GaryS

Error -60 trying to send email on Yahoo

Post by GaryS »

I have a bunch of Yahoo email accounts. Recently I've been receiving error -60 when trying to send a new email or reply to an email. This is happening on a couple of my Yahoo accounts. I haven't tried them all. I can send email just fine using my browser and logging into my individual email accounts. According to the list I have the latest versions of everything except webmail.

This has been going on for several days. I log out of my browser Yahoo email after each use and always shut down my PC every night so it reboots everything the next time I start it.

Any suggestions.
mjs

Re: Error -60 trying to send email on Yahoo

Post by mjs »

Hi GaryS,

It would be helpful to post in this topic the error you are getting which incidentally also provides us with additional information (beyond just the error). To post the error: Click on the yellow icon with the exclamation mark ("!") in the lower-right corner of the Pop Peeper interface which will open the Pop Peeper "Error Overview" window. Then click on "Copy" in the "Error Overview" window and "paste" the error information into this forum. To paste the information (after doing the "Copy"), place the cursor where you want the error to post (left-click to place cursor) in your reply then right-click and select "Paste" from the context menu or alternatively press CTRL+V to paste the error information at the location of the cursor.

We understand you are getting a (-60) error, which as you might think means that something went wrong with sending mail, but also posting the actual "Error Overview" information helps provide us with additional data much of which would answer most of the questions posted below.

Without this "error overview" information we will need you to please address the following enumerated points:

1) Which version of Pop Peeper are you using :?:

2) What server protocol are you using (IMAP, POP3, Yahoo) :?: (edit each account by doing a right-click on the account in the left pane of the main Pop Peeper interface and selecting "Edit", with "General" selected in the left pane take a look at the "Server type" settings for each account)

3) If you are using "Yahoo" as your "Server type" setting you may need to update the "Webmail" plugin ("Help" > "About Pop Peeper", check version).

Were you logged-out at the time when you logged-in to your Yahoo account on the web via your browser :?:

If you were already logged-in at the time you would need to log-out and log-back-in again. At that point you may then see what Yahoo requires if anything.

If you are using "Yahoo" as your "Server type" then you could alternatively try using "IMAP" instead for your "Server type", which would most likely solve the issue for now. If you decide to do this then keep in mind that if you do not have the SSL plugin installed then you will need to install the SSL plugin if you decide to use the preferred IMAP protocol (Yahoo requires "SSL" for "IMAP"). For plugins CLICK HERE and then scroll down for the SSL plugin, the "Installation instruction" link will illustrate how to do this. Once you've done this then right/click on your problem account, select "Edit", in the "General" tab select "IMAP" for "Server type", click "Update", if you are using Pop Peeper version 4 then that's it you're done. (All the other necessary account changes should be automated in Pop Peeper version 4; "imap.mail.yahoo.com" for Incoming Server, "SSL", Port "993", Send Mail tab: "SMTP", "SSL, Outgoing: "smtp.mail.yahoo.com", port "465", Server requires authentication: enabled). If you change to "IMAP" then verify that this is the case for all these settings.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I've checked a couple of my Yahoo accounts without any errors. Email me (support at esumsoft dot com) so we can get further information about the problem.
GaryS

Post by GaryS »

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.0.1.0
Webmail: 4.0.17.0
SSL: 1.0.1.8
IMAP: 4.0.1.0
RSS: 4.0.0.0
SendMail: 4.0.1.0
Chime: 3.0.0.0
Notification Skin: 3.6.0.0
Notification Voice: 4.0.0.0
AntiJunk: 4.0.1.0
Spell Checker: 4.0.1.0
Web of Trust: 4.0.1.0

--- Error ---
Photography [3: Yahoo] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]
Error (-60) [Captcha: Login with webbrowser required; send a test email using webbrowser]
Send Mail: Error (-60)
mjs

Post by mjs »

Thank you GaryS for providing this error information.

CLICK HERE and take a look at this specific post by Jeff in a topic that is related to your issue.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers