Myway Email: Problem accessing with PP?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
jetsfan

Myway Email: Problem accessing with PP?

Post by jetsfan »

Myway email service seems unreachable by PP or through a browser. They mention a service change starting in December 2015 and a redirected login page but this isn't working.
Last edited by spc3rd on Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic re-titled & moved to PopPeeper sub-forum for better attention.
spc3rd

Re: Myway Email: Problem accessing with PP?

Post by spc3rd »

Hello jetsfan,

Sorry to hear of your issues with MyWay email service.
Please include the following information in your next post:

1. What version of PopPeeper are you using?
2. You indicated your MyWay account seems unreachable by PP.

Are you receiving any error messages in PP?
[If you see a yellow icon with a black exclamation mark in the lower right corner of the PP interface, click on it to display any error message. Then, click the [COPY] button and paste the error message text in your reply].

If you are NOT seeing any error message in PP, please provide more details as to what happens when PP tries to connect to your MyWay account.

Thank you & best regards,
Global Moderator
mjs

Post by mjs »

Also jetsfan, I'm curious regarding one more question: When you attempt to log-in to your myway account on the web through your browser using the new URL redirect: http://my.myway.com/email_redir.jsp, what message do you get back when the login fails to work?

Addendum: I'm curious because an affiliate of the myway portal has also not been completely working properly in all aspects for about a month now and when contacted the affiliate reports back they are aware of the problem with the reply: "We are aware of the issue and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible. We regret any inconvenience this has caused." (reported as of 1/6/16).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
jetsfan

Post by jetsfan »

Good afternoon,

I was getting the exclamation point error when PP auto checked the account (host unreachable message I think) and when I tried web access it just went round in circled giving me the login screen again.
Fortunately (I guess) it has now started working both in PP and from the web redirect page so I guess they were having some problems earlier.

Thanks for offering to help and I'll pay more attention if it hiccups again.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I have often seen myway give an error on my daily webmail test each morning. Typically, if I retest it, the check goes through successfully and, unfortunately, I've gotten into the habit of simply ignoring myway's error most of the time now. If the problem does seem to be persistent (ie. more than a few hours with no success), let me know. It's possible that MyWay is planning a change, although it's not clear if that will affect their email service or not.
After many years, the MyWay website will be getting an upgrade. The current site will be available until the end of day, December 5th, 2015. The new site will debut in the near future.

If you're a MyWay email accountholder, you will still be able to access your email by logging in through the following URL: http://my.myway.com/email_redir.jsp. Please update your bookmarks accordingly.

Thank you for your years of loyalty using MyWay!
As of Jan 26, 2016: besides the banner, the site looks exactly the same as it always has...
jetsfan

Post by jetsfan »

Hi Jeff,
Yes it started acting up overnight and cleared up mid afternoon. Just checked again and it is still working.

Cheers