Feature Request: Disable autocheck while screen is locked

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
JeffZwolle

Feature Request: Disable autocheck while screen is locked

Post by JeffZwolle »

I like POP Peeper, good software.

I have a feature-request for POP Peeper.

I use both my pc (Windows) and iPhone to check my email.
I use IMAP to check for new messages.

When I have seen on my iPhone that I have received email, my PC wil not alert me again.
When I have seen on my PC that I have received email, my Iphone will not beep again.
So far so good.

Here is the problem:
When I am away from my pc, POP Peeper will alert me that I have received new email.
But my iPhone will not alert me anymore, because POP Peeper already made an alert.
Because I am away from my pc, I will not get notified until I see the alert on my pc-screen.

Possible solution:
Is it possible to add the following feature in Options ?
"Disable autocheck while screen is locked". With a check-box.

Regards
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Feature Request: Disable autocheck while screen is locked

Post by Jeff »

POP Peeper v4.1 may fix this problem for you because it has improved the sync capabilities. That is, until v4.1, whenever POP Peeper retrieved new email, the messages would become marked as read on the server. v4.1 has the capability to prevent this, and the messages will only become read on the server when you've actually read the message (or marked it as read). This should result in the behavior you're looking for -- that is, even if POP Peeper notifies you of new email on your PC, your iPhone will also alert you.

You can download the latest v4.1 beta (Release Candidate [RC]) here:
http://www.esumsoft.com/pop-peeper-beta/

There are a couple of things to note:
1) The official v4.1 release is almost ready. There have been some bug fixes since the RC you'll download above, and the fixes *are* important, so you'll need to install v4.1 (again) when it's released (assuming you haven't disabled checks for new versions, POP Peeper will notify you of this)
2) The sync feature mentioned above is not enabled by default for existing configurations *, so you'll need to enable this after you install v4.1:
a) From the main menu, select Tools / PPtweaker
b) Select the 'Misc' page if it's not already selected
c) Enable (at the very bottom): "IMAP: Sync read/unread state with server"
d) When you press OK, you'll be prompted with a question (and this is why sync is not enabled by default for existing configurations *), most likely, you'll want to select "yes"

* - IMAP sync is enabled by default for new configurations
JeffZwolle

Post by JeffZwolle »

Thanks for the quick reply.

That new function makes more sense then my solution.
Excellent. I will wait until the final release of v4.1
And keep this threat in my favourites.
JeffZwolle

Post by JeffZwolle »

Read about the new feature: http://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-pe ... q=ImapSync
Just installed v4.1.1
Enabled the option: Tools - PPtweaker - Misc - Enable: "IMAP: Sync read/unread state with server"

Functions as designed.
Thank you !