POP Peeper Display Desktop Alert ?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
sportman12

Re: POP Peeper Display Desktop Alert ?

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff do I install POP Peeper Plugins in your link this below the desktop alert will do #1 this 1 pop up till you get new mail alert stays up That is, the window will popup when you receive new email and will remain until you dismiss it or open POP Peeper. and add a skin is this what you mean please get back to me
Attachments
pOpSkin.JPG
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Since you already have it running, what I would suggest is that you try using the "reminder" feature with the Desktop Alert first. If the "reminder" is something you think you'll use often, then the desktop alert makes that option more accessible.
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff a little confused when you say "reminder" feature with the Desktop Alert what do you mean ? the pluggin Screenshot 2 or notifacation in PoP Peeper Screenshot 1 get back to me please
Attachments
POPFIER.JPG
pOpSkin.JPG
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

PP_DesktopAlert_Reminder.png
PP_DesktopAlert_Reminder.png (10.16 KiB) Viewed 5895 times
When the desktop alert appears and you press the "Reminder" button, then the desktop alert will re-appear *2* minutes later (based on your current settings).
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff great got what you mean the"reminder" feature with the Desktop Alert the

I apologize for confusion as for
Download Skin Notifier (exe)
Download zip Skin Notifier (zip)

This plugin displays a skinnable popup when new email arrives. The popup can either be acknowledged by the user, or automatically slide in and out. Additional options include the capability to read, delete or mark the messages as junk or legitimate from the popup.

Jeff What dose plugin do as far as Alerts

.Examples will it do something like

1 pop up till you get new mail alert stays up

2 pop up and down till you get new mail in tray

3 pop-up every minute till you get new mail pluggin Screenshot what dose it do in the way get back to me please
Attachments
pOpSkin.JPG
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman12,
What you already have by using the Desktop Alert you will get everything you have said you want.
Jeff wrote:
PP_DesktopAlert_Reminder.png
When the desktop alert appears and you press the "Reminder" button, then the desktop alert will re-appear *2* minutes later (based on your current settings).
This Desktop Alert which you already have will do ALL of the following (which you are asking about):
1) Stay up and display messages that have arrived until you open Pop Peeper to read your new mail.
2) Pop up again the next time new mail arrives if you had previously read your new mail.
3) Pop up a "reminder" later if that's what you want by clicking on what Jeff has described above.

So the point is, what you already have now is going to give you all that you have been asking for.

And as Jeff pointed out, what you have now is easier to work with. There will be virtually no difference basically from what you already have now by alternatively using a "skin" instead as far as getting what you want other than how it looks. In my opinion the Desktop Alert that you have now is much easier to read and understand how it works.

So you should try out what you have now and see if you get what you want. If what you have now does not do what you want then post back again to discuss. :D
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff or lakrsrool This Desktop Alert which I already have will do I will use

OK here is what I want to do with the Alert I get a lot of mail so I want to use the pop up Alert to pop up in the tray or in the corner not have it pop up on top of my browser when browsing what is the best set up get back to me please ?

(which am asking about):
1) Stay up and display messages that have arrived until you open Pop Peeper to read your new mail.
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman12 wrote:Jeff or lakrsrool This Desktop Alert which I already have will do I will use

OK here is what I want to do with the Alert I get a lot of mail so I want to use the pop up Alert to pop up in the tray or in the corner not have it pop up on top of my browser when browsing what is the best set up get back to me please ?

(which am asking about):
Now that you have moved the Desktop Alert to the lower-left corner of your screen, what you said above in red is what you will have now just as it is with the Desktop Alert you are now using. (keep in mind that ALL PP alerts both Desktop Alert like you have now or skins either way stay on top of your browser that is they way the ALL WORK) The Alerts including like the Desktop Alert you now have are ALL designed this way because if the alert did not do this then it would be hidden from your view and you would not know when new mail arrived. So ALL Alerts in PP ALL stay on top of your browser until you read your mail by clicking on the button you see below which will then open your PP so that you can read you mail and then the Desktop Alert will disappear until the next time you get new mail.

See below, when you click on that button you can then read your new mail. The Desktop Alert you see below will remain visible until you do this. Then the next time you get any "new" mail the Desktop Alert will display again so that you know new mail arrived which you can then read again by clicking on that same button again.
CLICK HERE TO READ NEW MAIL THAT THE ALERT HAS INFORMED YOU HAS ARRIVED.  THE DESKTOP ALERT WILL DISPLAY AGAIN WHEN MORE NEW MAIL ARRIVES AGAIN.
CLICK HERE TO READ NEW MAIL THAT THE ALERT HAS INFORMED YOU HAS ARRIVED. THE DESKTOP ALERT WILL DISPLAY AGAIN WHEN MORE NEW MAIL ARRIVES AGAIN.
Reading New Mail using Desktop Alert.png (8.98 KiB) Viewed 5885 times
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff or lakrsrool can the pop up Alert pop up in the tray get back to me please ?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Based on your recent replies, it sounds like you still have not moved the desktop alert as we have suggested. I'm not sure what you mean by "pop up in the tray." If you move the window, then it will pop up *near* the tray; it will popup wherever you move it to.
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff or lakrsrool what I mean by "pop up in the tray.I think I mean in the taskbar " the icons near your windows clock get back to me please
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

You can move the window there.
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff or lakrsrool I guess what I want is to use the pop up Alert to put in the best area so it is out of the way using my browser when browsing what is the best area to set it up at get back to me please ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

These are the options you have using these settings. REFER TO THE OPTION NUMBER #1, #1A and #2 and refer to the relevant images below for examples of each option:
Two options: #1 Desktop Alert which remains until you read your mail (open Pop Peeper) #2 Tray icon Balloon Tip
Two options: #1 Desktop Alert which remains until you read your mail (open Pop Peeper) #2 Tray icon Balloon Tip
You get the above settings in the Pop Peeper main menu under "Tools" > "Options" > "Notification" tab
#1 option notation above (which can be moved anywhere you want the Alert to display) This Alert remains until you read mail and has reminder option. Note that #1A is where you set when the reminder pops up again:

Positioned at the lower-left
Desktop Alert will remain until new mail is read and has a reminder option (can be located anywhere you place the Alert)
Desktop Alert will remain until new mail is read and has a reminder option (can be located anywhere you place the Alert)
Desktop located at lower-left.png (40.84 KiB) Viewed 5877 times
Positioned at the lower-right
Desktop located at lower-right.png (30.73 KiB) Viewed 5877 times
#2 A tray icon Balloon tip. This is TEMPORARY so will not remain displayed (you have said you want the Alert to remain so is probably NOT what you want):
Tray Balloon Tip, display at this location ONLY and will disappear and not remain displayed.
Tray Balloon Tip, display at this location ONLY and will disappear and not remain displayed.
PP Balloon Alert TEMPORARY.png (32.63 KiB) Viewed 5877 times
Note: you can have both Alerts if you like. :D
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

lakrsrool
options you have are OPTION NUMBER #1, #1A are right and left #2 is A tray icon Balloon tip get back to me please ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman12 wrote:lakrsrool
options you have are OPTION NUMBER #1, #1A are right and left #2 is A tray icon Balloon tip get back to me please ?
If you open Pop Peeper so you can see all your emails and you then up at the top where your menu of options are listed you will see "Tools" (first screen-shot) then if you click on "Tools" you will see "Options" (second screen-shot) and then when you Click on Notification (highlighted in blue because is is selected in the second screen-shot) you'll get the third screen-shot below where you can select which Alert you would like to have as I described in my last post.
FIRST CLICK ON TOOLS
FIRST CLICK ON TOOLS
Tools.png (19.13 KiB) Viewed 5862 times
THEN CLICK ON OPTIONS
THEN CLICK ON OPTIONS
Select (click on) NOTIFICATION AND YOU WILL THEN BE ABLE TO SELECT WHICH ALERT YOU LIKE FROM OPTIONS #1 OR OPTION #2 OR BOTH.
Select (click on) NOTIFICATION AND YOU WILL THEN BE ABLE TO SELECT WHICH ALERT YOU LIKE FROM OPTIONS #1 OR OPTION #2 OR BOTH.
CHOICE #1 IS THE DESKTOP ALERT (second and third screen-shots in my previous post before this post), it can be MOVED ANYWHERE BY CLICKING IN THE GRAY AREA and moving your mouse to where you want it to display the Alert and again is the second and third screen-shots in my previous post above this post.
THIS CHOICE #1 WILL CONTINUE TO DISPLAY UNTIL YOU READ YOUR EMAIL (when you open POP Peeper to read your messages) WHICH IS WHAT YOU HAVE SAID YOU WANTED. FOR CHOICE #1 IF YOU WANT IT HAS THE OPTION #1A AS ILLUSTRATED IN THE SCREEN-SHOT TO REMIND YOU WHATEVER MINUTES LATER YOU HAVE IN THE 1#A SETTING SO IF YOU CLICK ON THE "CLOCK" in the Alerts you see in the previous post for screen-shot 2 and 3 this ALERT WILL DISAPPEAR FOR AWHILE SO IT'S NOT IN YOUR WAY BUT WILL THEN POPUP AGAIN AFTER THE MINUTES YOU HAVE SET IT TO to act as a REMINDER later on.

CHOICE #2 WILL ONLY DISPLAY FOR A SHORT TIME OVER YOUR POP Peeper TRAY ICON on the RIGHT SIDE and CANNOT BE DISPLAYED ANYWHERE ELSE (so this is probably not what you want, but you had mentioned something about the tray icon so I thought maybe you had this Alert at some time in the past and was asking about it).

Hopefully this explains the two OPTIONS #1 or OPTION #2 that you have to choose from by taking the steps above to select which one or both if you like of the two Alerts that you might want to have Pop Peeper display when you get new mail.

Follow each of the steps: First "Tools", then "Options" and then select "Notification" like you see above and you will then have the window to make your settings for which Alert you want. :D (take a detailed look at my last two posts which will help you to know what your two choices are and how to select them)
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff and lakrsrool thanks much I will try theses