Error: Try again later. (-1001)

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Vern

Post by Vern »

POP Peeper was working fine this morning at 5am.....at 8am I get this:

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.1.1.0
Webmail: 4.1.1.0
SSL: 1.0.1.8
IMAP: 4.1.1.0
SendMail: 4.1.1.0
Profile Picture: 4.1.1.0

--- Error ---
xxxxxxx [11: Juno/NetZero] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]

xxxxxxx [11: Juno/NetZero] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]

What happened in 3 hours that I'm not able to get my mail?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
(xxxxx is my name)
mjs

Re: Error: Try again later. (-1001)

Post by mjs »

Welcome to the forum Vern,

Juno was having issues for a few hours this morning. I was getting the same "Try again later. (-1001)" errors for a while earlier today, I am now getting email again.

If you are still getting errors try changing the "Server type" from "Juno/NetZero" to "POP3", which is what I did this morning (Edit account > "General" page is where you can change the "Server type" setting to "POP3"). :wink:

Post back if you are still having problems after changing the "Server type".
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The Juno/NetZero fix has been released -- webmail v4.1.2. Go to Help / About and press "Check Version" to update.

I've noticed some strange occurrences on their website; e.g. webmail.juno/netzero.com now goes to a startpage (when not already logged in) and sometimes clicking on the email icon takes you to the same page. So I'm not sure if they're done "fixing" things yet so there may still be some disturbances in the PP.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Yep, I noticed the same webpage redirect as well, causing my start-page links I normally use to log-in on the web to not work. But then after clicking a few times using log-in links via internet searches I found myself eventually accessing the email interface (since I leave myself logged-in) and from then on the start-page links were working again (not sure what cured the situation, maybe Juno fixed something).

I switched from POP3 back to the Juno/Netzero protocol to get the 4.1.2.0 Webmail plugin update and now instead of getting the "-1001" error using webmail it works now using the webmail protocol again. =D>
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Vern

Post by Vern »

That did the trick, changing the "Server type" from "Juno/NetZero" to "POP3". Thanks lakrsrool!!!
mjs

Post by mjs »

Vern wrote:That did the trick, changing the "Server type" from "Juno/NetZero" to "POP3". Thanks lakrsrool!!!
A new version of the Webmail plugin was released by Jeff as noted above, so the "June/NetZero" Server-type option is available again as a result of the Webmail plugin update. \:D/
Vern

Post by Vern »

Very excellent....got the new Webmail plugin v4.1.2. installed and went back to Juno/Netzero. All is good!!! Thanks again Jeff and lakrsrool.