HOTMAIL: Error. Try again later (-11)

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
ata

HOTMAIL: Error. Try again later (-11)

Post by ata »

I started to get this error for one of my hotmail accounts after about 2 hours with no errors.

Below is the status log for this error

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.1.1.0
Webmail: 4.1.1.0
SSL: 1.0.1.8
IMAP: 4.1.1.0
SendMail: 4.1.1.0
Profile Picture: 4.1.1.0

--- Web Test ---
Result: 200
Error:
Time: 18:38:30 - 18:38:30 (0 s) (-0400)
Data: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 15:38:31 -0700

--- Error ---
Main [1: Hotmail/Outlook] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]
Error: Try again later. (-11)

I can log into this account normally through the web with no extra information requested after logging in.

Please help.
mjs

Re: HOTMAIL: Error. Try again later (-11)

Post by mjs »

I don't see off-hand any apparent problems and I am not getting any errors for incoming messages when doing a test using the Hotmail/Outlook protocol. I think this is likely a temporary error that will eventually clear at some point, however in the meantime if it has still not cleared then some answers to a few questions would be helpful.

How often do you have POP Peeper set at to check for "New Mail"? (Under "Tools" > "Options" > "Mail Check", specifically the "Minutes - Polling interval" value).

You have mentioned you started getting this error "after about 2 hours with no errors". Is this a new account you have recently added at that time (about 2 hours ago from post time)?

When you logged-in on the web, were you already logged-in?

Try logging-out on the web and logging-back-in again to see what happens.

Does this Hotmail accounts interface look any different than your other Hotmail accounts when you log-in on the web? (in other words, after logging in on the web does the way the webpage is formatted, more specifically at the top, look different than your other Hotmail accounts. The reason I ask is because MS is rolling out Outlook.com upgrades.)

Have you tried exiting and restarting POP Peeper?

Have you tried rebooting your computer?

Thank you for initially providing the error information you posted and now providing us with this additional help. :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
ata

Post by ata »

Good morning,

Here are the answers to your questions.

I have pop peeper set to check for new mail every 15 minutes.
This was not a new account.
I was not already logged into that account when logging in on the web.
The interface did not look any different from my other accounts.
I have tried exiting pop peeper several times.
My computer had been rebooted several times since the 2 hours as my security program was updated and needed to be rebooted so the new updates would take effect, still had the problem.

When I woke up my computer this morning from sleep, this account started working, so I think you were right that MS was upgrading outlook and my account was on the server that they were upgrading.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Based on the information posted above I think it was most likely a temporary error generated by MS (a glitch possibly due to MS Server) that ultimately cleared sometime between the last time you checked on the account and this morning when you returned to your computer.

Thank you very much for getting back to us to let us know that the account is working again and for providing the detailed information as well. :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers