Bug when upgrading PP 4.2 Beta 1 to Beta 3 - PP didn't remember window size and position

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
killme

Bug when upgrading PP 4.2 Beta 1 to Beta 3 - PP didn't remember window size and position

Post by killme »

I just upgraded PP 4.2 Beta 1 to Beta 3. When I opened PP after upgrading, it opened in a fairly small window on my main monitor. Before the upgrade I had the PP window on my second monitor. Apparently PP didn't remember it's position or size after I upgraded.

Just want to add that in PpTweaker (that's how it is capitalized in Beta 3) I had and still have checked the option: "Using Multiple Monitors (no window placement checks to detect if on-screen)."
mjs

Re: Bug when upgrading PP 4.2 Beta 1 to Beta 3 - PP didn't remember window size and position

Post by mjs »

See if POP Peeper remembers now after you've placed it where you want it. I maybe wrong about this too, but I'm wondering if POP Peeper might not necessarily remember window size or position after an upgrade but will of course remember from then on following the upgrade. So if you log-off your computer and then return (log back in) it should now remember both window size and position. (something else I'm not that familiar with since I have a simple life and I use only one screen and use POP Peeper maximized at all times :wink:)

Please post back your results.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
killme

Re: Bug when upgrading PP 4.2 Beta 1 to Beta 3 - PP didn't remember window size and position

Post by killme »

I never log off the computer. I just now closed PP and when I reopened it PP remembered the window size and position. So it only messed up the one time after upgrading.
mjs

Post by mjs »

killme wrote:I never log off the computer. I just now closed PP and when I reopened it PP remembered the window size and position. So it only messed up the one time after upgrading.
I should have just said what you actually did, that is just close and open POP Peeper at which time POP Peeper should remember the window size and position from then on. :wink: (I was returning to the computer to post this instead but you beat me to it, my mind was elsewhere) #-o
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
killme

Post by killme »

I went from PP 4.2 Beta 3 to the release version of 4.2 and the window didn't move or change size this time. :)