POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
mjs

Re: Log into webmail through the PP GUI

Post by mjs »

Until when Jeff can stop by and look into your questions that would be better answered by him I can say on thing about your first question as far as accessing Yahoo Mail from POP Peeper. When viewing messages in POP Peeper there is a way to view the same message in your assigned Email Client which can be done while in the POP Peeper Message View Window (MVW) by clicking on "File" > "Open message in client" at that time which will open the message in your default Email Client. Of course your default Client based on your question would have to be set to Yahoo Mail which I understand can be done by using 3rd-party software to accomplish this (for example, I ran across this Make Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo your mail client default YouTube presentation in case you might be interested.)

By the way, it occurs to me that you are probably referring to the "View" > "View message online" option in the POP Peeper MVW, it is my understanding that it used to be that Webmail Services used the Basic/HTML interface that PP would be able to use to display the messages. Now days Webmail Services tend to use the more prevalent asynchronous JavaScript and XML technology and due to these changes for many services there is no direct URL to go to the message therefore in these cases this function will currently produce an error as is the case with Yahoo Mail.

As to your second question all I can say is that the PP PLUS PACK and/or PP PRO is a once off payment, however beyond that Jeff will have to address any additional details.

Again, other than what I believe to be the case of which I have posted above, your questions would be best addressed by Jeff when he can get by the forum to look into your topic.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Log into webmail through the PP GUI

Post by Jeff »

Regarding the capability to use PP as a webbrowser -- it's not really recommended and, for the reasons lakrsrool mentioned, cannot be supported by as many webmail services nowadays. It is still usable for some services, though, but it's not a specific feature that I maintain anymore.

You can read the license agreement(s) for POP Peeper here:
http://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-pe ... ?q=license
or Direct link for Plus Pack

which officially states:
Updates and Upgrades Defined:
You understand that this license entitles you to free updates of this
program for the major version at the time of your purchase. Updates
are defined as minor changes, fixes, and other changes to ensure the
program's compatibilty. [sic]

You understand that this license grants you free upgrades (new versions
of the program) as released for 90 days from the date of your purchase.
Upgrades are defined as major program changes such as new major features,
additions and enhancements. After 90 days you may have the option to
purchase future upgraded versions at a discount to be determined by
Esumsoft.
* typo has been fixed; I had apparently found and fixed the local source (which is distributed with the installations), but didn't update the online version.

This is pretty typical with software as it gives the most flexibility. I haven't charged an upgrade fee yet for any of my software, but it allows you, the user, to know that it's a possibility.