Compose from currently-selected email account does not work

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Dhry

Compose from currently-selected email account does not work

Post by Dhry »

Whenever I select a particular email account in the account tree and then click "compose" I expect that the email will be sent using that email account.
However, no matter which account I select, it always defaults to the same account to send from.

ie I select blah@whatever.com in my account tree and click compose, and the from account defaults to somethingelse@whatever.com. Instead of blah@whatever.com.

Is there a "default account" option somewhere that I've accidentally "hard-coded" my send-from account to be? I went through all the options and PPTweaker stuff and couldn't find it.

Cheers
Dhry

Edit: Found the solution. A default account was specified in poppeeper.ini. Removed and it now works. Sorry for the spam.
mjs

Re: Compose from currently-selected email account does not work

Post by mjs »

When a compose message is started the following interface window is provided:
Compose interface window.png
The account selected in the account list in the left pane of main PP interface is provided at the top right ('use selected account;') and is utilized by clicking on that button. The alternate option to select any account in the account list is provided to the left in the drop-down list button. I see you have solved the default that displays in that optional drop-down button.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

For others: I was going to mention editing the ini directly as well (DefaultComposeAct and ConfirmSendAccount -- edit and save when POP Peeper is NOT running). The alternative is to use "reset confirmation prompts" under Tools / Options / General; the side-effect of that is it will reset more than just the prompt you want.
Dhry

Post by Dhry »

Thanks Jeff and lakrsrool.

Yep, the problem was that I was not seeing the dialog that's supposed to appear when you compose a new message. Evidently I chose a default account then asked it to never show me the dialog again. Resetting the prompts would undoubtedly fix the issue, but beyond that the only way to reverse the effect appears to be manuallly editing the ini. All good for now, thanks again.

Dhry