internal replier suddenly lost

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
joshatt

internal replier suddenly lost

Post by joshatt »

Hi,
I've been using PP v3.8 for years. Can not live without it.
Today, suddenly ( still on win7, no PP update, nothing else changed ) "reply" will call the email client, instead of PP's internal replier.
So I tried to change system registry - make some item blank, and then clicking "reply" I will see a popup error ".....The email client is empty.....".

I tried to download PP v4.1.1, put it in some new folder, tested with an email account, and internal composer works perfect for "compose" or "reply".

Could anybody please help? I really don't want to rebuild it all from scretch, so many email accounts, all passwords forgot, many pop server forgot.
spc3rd

Re: internal replier suddenly lost

Post by spc3rd »

Welcome to the Esumsoft Forums, joshatt!

Thank you for your comment about how beneficial the POP Peeper program is for you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you are having. In the interim, while the Esumsoft Team further reviews your problem, please avoid making changes to your current POP Peeper program, registry, etc., as doing so could make it more difficult to resolve the issue you are experiencing.

You can check back periodically here to see if your topic has been responded to, or, to be automatically-notified of any replies, you can bookmark or subscribe to a specific topic by clicking the appropriate link in the “Topic tools” menu, conveniently located near the top and bottom of a topic discussion.
(It is the square icon with a "wrench" in the middle of it).

Replying to a topic with the “Notify me when a reply is posted” option checked will also subscribe you to the topic.
**Please note: The Board will only send you one notification of any replies to your topic, until you log-in to the Forums again.

As a new member of the Esumsoft Forums, please take a moment to review Information for new users and forum members. The article contains information which is useful to know.

Thank you & best regards,
Global Moderator
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I'm not sure how it would change out of the blue, but if you edit the account, select the "Send Mail" page, make sure that the "send option" is set to either SMTP (if incoming mail is IMAP or POP3) or WebMail (if incoming mail is set to anything else).

Out of curiosity, where did you download v4.1.1 from? v4.2 is the latest version and I'd like to make sure download sites are current.
joshatt

Post by joshatt »

Jeff wrote:I'm not sure how it would change out of the blue, but if you edit the account, select the "Send Mail" page, make sure that the "send option" is set to either SMTP (if incoming mail is IMAP or POP3) or WebMail (if incoming mail is set to anything else).
Thanks for your help!
This is where I'm confused: I select an account, rightclick, edit, and there's no "send mail", just a General and an Advanced. Maybe "send mail" is only for later versions?

Out of curiosity, where did you download v4.1.1 from? v4.2 is the latest version and I'd like to make sure download sites are current.
I just searched and found one.
mjs

Post by mjs »

joshatt wrote:
Jeff wrote:I'm not sure how it would change out of the blue, but if you edit the account, select the "Send Mail" page, make sure that the "send option" is set to either SMTP (if incoming mail is IMAP or POP3) or WebMail (if incoming mail is set to anything else).
Thanks for your help!
This is where I'm confused: I select an account, rightclick, edit, and there's no "send mail", just a General and an Advanced. Maybe "send mail" is only for later versions?
What you want to do is right-click on an account and then select "Edit account..." from the context menu, then select the "Send Mail" tab in the left pane of the next window (see below) where you will then find the "Send option" settings that Jeff was referencing. As Jeff mentioned this setting should be set to "SMTP" if incoming mail (in the "General" tab) is either "IMAP" or "POP3", otherwise it should be set to "Webmail" in this window.
Are you saying that the setting pointed out in the above screenshot does not display in this window?
Are you saying that the setting pointed out in the above screenshot does not display in this window?
If what you get does not have the same 4 tabs in the left pane as illustrated above, more specifically does not have the "Send Mail" tab then from the main menu go to "Tools" > "Plugins..." and make sure that "Send Mail" is enabled (checked) as pointed out in the screen-shot below.
Make sure the plugin pointed out above has a check-mark.
Make sure the plugin pointed out above has a check-mark.
If the plugin is checked and you do not have this "Send Mail" tab as pointed out in the first screenshot, then please post a screenshot of what you are getting (be sure and remove the account name in the screenshot).

joshatt wrote:
Jeff wrote:Out of curiosity, where did you download v4.1.1 from? v4.2 is the latest version and I'd like to make sure download sites are current.
I just searched and found one.
Please provide the URL (link) that you used to downloaded the POP Peeper v4.1.1 version from. This version is not the current POP Peeper version, so because of this Jeff is curious where you found a link that is not up to date.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
joshatt

Post by joshatt »

lakrsrool wrote:... then from the main menu go to "Tools" > "Plugins..." and make sure that "Send Mail" is enabled (checked) as pointed out in the screen-shot below. Make sure Send Mail plugin is enabled.....
That's it! I lost my sendmail.dll. Which is weird, my antivirus software does not have this in the log or quarantine.
Fortunately I have another PP in my old computer, getting back the sendmail.dll v3.8 and everything goes smoothly. (sendmail.dll from PP v4.1.1 can be recognized but Compose or Reply will kill PP process.)

Please provide the URL (link) that you used to downloaded the POP Peeper v4.1.1 version from. This version is not the current POP Peeper version, so because of this Jeff is curious where you found a link that is not up to date.
BTW, can I make a PP backup by copying everything except someaccount.emd, which is huge in size and I don't want to backup it ?
Last edited by spc3rd on Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: External link redacted for further analysis by The Esumsoft Team.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I would not recommend using mismatched versions and I am very much surprised that a v3.8 plugin doesn't crash, although I suspect it's just a matter of time. You can download a zip on the official download page and grab the SendMail.dll from there (you may still need to exit POP Peeper before you can overwrite the file):
http://www.esumsoft.com/download/

It's not necessary to backup the .emd files -- they are obsolete in v4.x and you may delete them without affecting v4.x.
joshatt

Post by joshatt »

Jeff wrote:I would not recommend using mismatched versions and I am very much surprised that a v3.8 plugin doesn't crash, although I suspect it's just a matter of time. You can download a zip on the official download page and grab the SendMail.dll from there (you may still need to exit POP Peeper before you can overwrite the file):
http://www.esumsoft.com/download/

It's not necessary to backup the .emd files -- they are obsolete in v4.x and you may delete them without affecting v4.x.
Wonderful. Thanks a lot.