Windows 7 to 10 update now PP has strange problems

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
aguy30

Windows 7 to 10 update now PP has strange problems

Post by aguy30 »

Recently did the Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade. PoPPeeper 4.2.2 has been doing strange things ever since.
1 Sent msgs go out but PP no longer saves the sent messages and gives an error msg.
2 New msg come in and are highlighted, but PP no longer shows the new unread messages after closing and re-opening PP.
3 The date on db files remains the same as the day Win 10 was updated.
4 I tired copy/paste for my data dir but found that PP doesn't recognize my old accounts. Is it possible to save my accounts and then insert them after an a uninstall and reinstall of PP?
mjs

Re: Windows 7 to 10 update now PP has strange problems

Post by mjs »

Please CLICK HERE and look at this post by Jeff and reply in THIS TOPIC with the information requested.

Btw, IF (and ONLY IF) the answer to the storage location is that it starts out with "C:\Program Files (x86)...." then you can CLICK HERE to go to my Aug 09, 2016 10:05 am post in that same topic (or scroll down) and follow the steps in that post to fix this if you like. :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
aguy30

Re: Windows 7 to 10 update now PP has strange problems

Post by aguy30 »

Your "IF (and ONLY IF) the answer to the storage location is that it starts out with "C:\Program Files (x86)" solution seems to have fixed all of my problem by moving the ini file to appData.

Thank you.